Sheer lunacy

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7401
    To be fair if they wait until the tide comes in before they fall off then they may be in with a chance.

I admit it's a long shot.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HHwarnerHHwarner Frets: 137
    Seen first hand how devastating a cliff collapse is. We were down at West Bay in Dorset a couple of years ago when one of the cliffs gave way. Unfortunately there was someone walking under it at the time. Didnt stand a chance
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6310
    Emp is rescued after telling one dad too many to 'mind that child'...

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    This year's Darwin Award pre-qualification trials have started...

This was a few days ago at the same place -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-52796601

And yesterday elsewhere on the coast, a more determined attempt :(.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52867140

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RockerRocker Frets: 5105
    The picture posted by the OP is bad but we see similar and worse at the Cliffs of Moher in Clare.  Idiots have posted videos of themselves riding bicycles along the cliff edges.  No hope if one of them goes over the edge.  But then there are always stupid people who want thousands of Likes on Social Media sites.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1047
    See, this is proof that vertigo isn't a syndrome at all.  It's a Darwinian survival instinct.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6936
    I have a good friend who lives in a small cottage at 7 Sisters. He dreads the flashing lights and helicopters that arrive when some poor bod has gone over. 
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28679
    My inlaws are a mile or so from Berry Head in Devon. Someone went over just the other day. Not dead but "fucked up" according to someone who saw, apparently. Not sure if an attempted suicide or accident but not nice either way
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 345
    I once bought some washing powder which had a 'do not microwave' sticker on it but seriously, once again this weekend has shown us the sorry and selfish state of some humanity - whilst others are working so hard to save lives these fuck wits decide it would be a laugh to put the lives of those in the rescue service at risk - freedoms are hard fought for and these behaviours show just how much some have to learn about living their lives in a responsible manner :( ... 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    I blame bojo squarely for this. if he had prohibited people from going to beaches then maybe this wouldn't be happening in such large numbers.

Public toilets arent open, so people are pissing wherever they want and leaving rubbish and used toilet tissue behind.

Add on top of that the RNLI aren't active atm, it's putting so many people at risk. 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2250
    Aren't the people sitting on the beach at more risk if the cliff collapses than people sitting 5ft from the edge? 
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3026
    edited June 2020
    This was happening all weekend about 4 miles from my house.  The traffic through my village was insane on Saturday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52867140

Please note the comments from the eyewitness - day-tripper from London, thats at least  3 hour drive on a good day.   There's an irony in her not realising that she's part of the problem.  

• HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1047
    edited June 2020
    gringopig said:
    See, this is proof that vertigo isn't a syndrome at all.  It's a Darwinian survival instinct.
    I get vertigo just looking at pictures!

Clearly, you too, like me, are a properly evolved human.

Not some tree/cliff swinging missing link (like my wife)!