Has anyone climbed Ben Nevis?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 31585
    Koa said:
    Depends on your mountain craft skills, Ben Nevis via the CMD Arrette is fantastic, the descent via the ‘tourist path’ less so. Don’t underestimate the changeable conditions and watch the forecast for any walk on the Scottish mountains
    Totally agree. Also, I did Zero Gully one year with Mike Lates (Skye mountaineer and local weed dealer). The look on the hikers faces as you arrive up from the mountain face is priceless.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31585
    The Holy Trinity of Skye
    L to R
    Sgurr Nan Gillian, Am Basiter (too hard unless you're very experienced) and The Basiter Tooth, and Brauch Na Frithe

Don't underestimate those puppies.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2147
    Gassage said:
    The Holy Trinity of Skye
    L to R
    Sgurr Nan Gillian, Am Basiter (too hard unless you're very experienced) and The Basiter Tooth, and Brauch Na Frithe

Don't underestimate those puppies.

Sacking off Ben Nevis for Skye was indeed a great suggestion - Thank you. Stunning part of the world. I went to Arvadale and Dunvegan Castle, took a boat trip to see the seals and I'm watching the sun set on Neist Point. Amazing, but I need to find Gassage's holy trinity now, but I'll probably opt for the piss easy options lol - I've got 12 cans of Greek Mythos in the boot for the evenings in between. The place is jaw dropping.
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1580
    edited May 2019
    Elgol is another great sunset spot. 

If you haven’t already go up north and have a pootte around the Quirang.

Gassages picture is taken from next to the Sligachan Hotel on the main road through Skye. 
  • camfcamf Frets: 1203
    Skye is ace. 
  • tweedphantweedphan Frets: 53
    camf said:
    Skye is ace. 
    Best skyline in the UK. And amazing rock to climb.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 938
    I've done it. Started the walk in the middle of the night. Top third was covered in snow, should have had crampons really. Sun came up as we reached the top. If the valley hadn't been covered on cloud the views would have been great, all we could see above the cloud was the peak we were on and 1 other. Still it wad worth the challenge, it wad the last of the 3 Peaks we climbed within 23 hours.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/