SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Vintage 1951 Gibson ES-300

What's Hot
jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
edited May 2019 in Guitars £

I’m selling my beautiful 1951 Gibson ES-300. This was Gibson’s top of the line in 1951 and it shows, with beautiful flamed maple used for the top, back and sides and all the top end appointments.

https://i.imgur.com/80pgHEr.jpg

Two amazing sounding P90 pickups, original to the guitar as is the wiring loom. It’s had a refret and new nut. Knobs on it are original 50’s knobs which I bought separately as the original knobs had perished (they will be included of course). Tuners are exact repro Klusons but the hex bushings are original I think.

Playability is perfect with room on the bridge to go up or down to suit your preferred action. Recently set up by my tech who did a great job. 

Comes with a later 70’s purple lined Gibson case which fits like a glove.

Asking £3650 or trade value £4k.

Collection only as I want the buyer to play it and confirm they’re happy in person rather than risk it in the post.

More pics: https://imgur.com/a/3YT0rxe

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4243
    Stunning. waiting on lottery results and I will be right over. Good luck with sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
    Stunning. waiting on lottery results and I will be right over. Good luck with sale.
    Thanks mate! I have my fingers crossed for your win next week!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5032
    Absolutely beautiful guitar, the forerunner to the ES-350. As you know, Jimmy, I have the single pickup 1948 model, or I would be at this like a pig at a truffle. I also have the small matter of a couple to sell myself! GLWTS though, it's an absolute beauty!
    Call me Dave.
    DB1 said:
    Absolutely beautiful guitar, the forerunner to the ES-350. As you know, Jimmy, I have the single pickup 1948 model, or I would be at this like a pig at a truffle. I also have the small matter of a couple to sell myself! GLWTS though, it's an absolute beauty!
    Thanks mate, yes it’s a beautiful guitar and still trying to internally justify keeping it! I’m not a jazz player but this 300 cranked up with a bit of edge-of-breakup OD is a thing to behold so not a one trick pony by any means! Your 48 looks amazing, they certainly knew how to make guitars in this era. Good luck with your sales too. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6310
    Lovely guitar. Are those P90's slightly smaller (narrower) than later versions? Perhaps it's the larger body but the pu's look smaller than normal.
    JezWynd said:
    Lovely guitar. Are those P90's slightly smaller (narrower) than later versions? Perhaps it's the larger body but the pu's look smaller than normal.
    Yes, they’re smaller than standard, good eye!
    Bump for this gorgeous gal
    Sold
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5032
    Well done, Jimmy. That's a lovely, lovely guitar. Pleased for you, but gutted to see such a lovely guitar ride off into the sunset. 
    Call me Dave.