What's Hot
HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145

Comments

• GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    It's more or less new you know!

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's some amazing gooping.

Seriously - normally it's just slathered on, but that looks pro!
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    what has the world come to where smearing black shit on circuitry is impressive  #-o
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74392
    edited May 2014

Surely the secondhand value with broken seals is about £3.17?
    This one is purpose-designed to have the bottom taken off - no battery door like the bigger ones.

That's some amazing gooping.
    Nice to know there is a pedal on the market which is completely water-immersion-proof. Just for those odd occasions when you're playing a gig on an Italian cruise ship or something.

He could at least have drilled the two screw holes in line though...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• allicioallicio Frets: 221
    I don't think I could ever buy a pedal that's gooped.
    allicio said:
    I don't think I could ever buy a pedal that's gooped.
    unfortunately PTD pedals are gooped and you HAVE to try one of them! 
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    @ICBM. I know, I'm being absurd on purpose :D Still, nice to see a firm hand with the goop. 

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    That is professionally potted.  I used to do work for the MOD and it was not uncommon to do that, makes it much more impervious to moisture, vibration et al.  You can still get into them though, but it is a bloody messy business   ;)

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    Well this thread really didn't deliver what it promised in the title... >:D<
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1778
    edited May 2014
    ChrisMusic said: That is professionally potted.  I used to do work for the MOD and it was not uncommon to do that, makes it much more impervious to moisture, vibration et al.  You can still get into them though, but it is a bloody messy business   ;) Not to mention it hides the fact that it's likely a simple BMTB wrapped in JFET buffers.
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2755
    juansolo said:
    ChrisMusic said:
    That is professionally potted.  I used to do work for the MOD and it was not uncommon to do that, makes it much more impervious to moisture, vibration et al.  You can still get into them though, but it is a bloody messy business   ;)
    Not to mention it hides the fact that it's likely a simple BMTB wrapped in JFET buffers. Indeed.

Hopefully there are no electrolytic caps in there......

Does Pete Cornish use JFET buffers? I thought he used a BJT buffer with bootstrapped to increase the input impedance.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3499

My mate sold one which he had stupidly removed the stickers from earlier this year for more than that.

i doubt this one would have had seals tbh with the battery clip inside... unless he expects you to send it back to him every time a battery needs changing

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    The seal thing really is absolutely rediculous! Its covered in goop so why the hell does it matter if you open it up! I always have a peak inside my pedals just out of curiosity and also most of the time there's a message inside or signature etc
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
    edited May 2014
    allicio said:
    The seal thing really is absolutely rediculous! Its covered in goop so why the hell does it matter if you open it up! I always have a peak inside my pedals just out of curiosity and also most of the time there's a message inside or signature etc

+1

Given the ever lasting battery has not been invented you will have to open it one day.

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3526
    I had a Tb83 extra. Sounded great but almost exactly like my pedal worx mcboost. It had no seals on...I don't think the old school boosters do.