I Forgot my Phone

What's Hot
www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    I went to the shops without my phone the other day. It was charging and I couldn't be bothered to disconnect it.

Strangely liberating.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30129
    I only have my phone with me when I'm at work, or if I know in advance I'll need to call or be called by someone. The latter are rare.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Not the same but similar I got shot of Facebook about a month ago now as it was getting out of hand as I was contastantly checking in, posting pics, updating what I might/will/did do...

Where this relates to this post is until a month ago my phone was 10% phone 10% music player 10% satnav and 70% doing things on FB and the past month without FB has showed me I was neglecting the me and my surroundings element of life, a bit like the people who video everything for future reference thus missing the emotion of the actual event.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140

I hate answering the phone. It's usually someone who wants me to do something, and I've got more than enough to do already.

• I hate answering the phone. It's usually someone who wants me to do something, and I've got more than enough to do already.

I sympathise. Sometimes (not often, as I'm on TPS) its someone wanting me to spend money. IMO when the phone rings it isn't usually to my advantage. Also true at work ... people asking questions I don't really want to answer, or even reporting faults which it may become my unfortunate task to diagnose and rectify. I say unfortunate, because so far all the stuff I have released has been my edits of someone else's work. None of my original work has been released yet. On previous experience I'm disappointed if faults are found in my own products, but it doesn't happen often, and when it does, I usually find and fix them without too much hassle. It's other people's bugs I hate having to fix.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13587
    I ra
    Sporky said:
    I only have my phone with me when I'm at work, or if I know in advance I'll need to call or be called by someone. The latter are rare.
    pretty much this,   or unless I know mrs bert will need to contact me/vicky vercky
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    I rarely make calls.
    My main use for my phone is controlling Netflix on Apple TV.
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Similar thing from one of my favourite photographers. Starts about a minute in.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4099
    Similar thing from one of my favourite photographers. Starts about a minute in.

That was really interesting... ended up watching it all!