POSTPONED Acoustic Gear-Jam: 21st July : all-day get-together in Swindon

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• TimmyO said:
    Just a thought. Perhaps a Saturday is less prone to being set aside for family time for some?
    It was the most popular date in the poll but open to suggestions/ideas for next time 
    Would it help if the venue was somewhere more centralish? (What is central?) Is it the distance that's the issue, or do people think it's a good idea before getting cold feet, or before their other halves put their feet down about them going?

I'm not having a pop at anyone, just trying to work out why so many things like this (it's happened to me in the past) seem to get lots of support initially and then fall away. Like I say, I'm not having a pop at anyone here, because while it's the same result, it's different people every time.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485
    I'm already 2.5 hours away from the venue as it is, any more central will almost certainly move it further from me. Not that this should be a consideration, as my attendance is iffy at best, but moving it is unlikely to help me. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    The issue is partly because for a lot of folks guitar events like this are a pastime, and don’t take priority over other daily life events, personally if I’ve committed to an event then it goes on the calendar at home and I will attend.

The only reason this time is the generally amount of bail out during the last few days, then the drive distance vs turnout becomes unbalanced, in as much as the event would probably only last a few hours at best.

The more major Jam days usually have a decent up front fee , and this tends to focus the attention a bit more.

Im happy to propose something more midlands based if that helps?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview