EHX Tortion: Is it a rip off of the Goosoniqueworx 7thvn?

JeztoneJeztone Frets: 27
Ive seen some demo s but it just sounds like a half assed version of a very boutique pedal. Anyone got one? thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    I was suspecting it was a clone of the Bogner Red/Blue.
  • JeztoneJeztone Frets: 27
    Maybe but I hate the Bogners tone, wheras I love the 7thvn
  • What is a very boutique pedal?

I assume it's based loosely on a Bognor but no evidence, just suspicion after being pointed out by monq.

Also, it doesn't sound half arsed really - plenty of features for the money, I thought, though digital units kinda destroy it if they sound half decent.
    edited May 2014
    The Goodoniqueworx 7thvn isn't really widely available. I've never seen one in a shop in the UK. I ordered one on a whim & it's vastly superior to the Bogner IMHO.

Is the Bogner a JFET design?
    Sound wise I'm going off the demo s I've heard. It could be really good, but I found it hard to tell from YouTube.

I ll try one
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7560
    edited May 2014
    Jeztone;233452" said:
    The Goodoniqueworx 7thvn isn't really widely available. I've never seen one in a shop in the UK. I ordered one on a whim & it's vastly superior to the Bogner IMHO.

Is the Bogner a JFET design?
    Sound wise I'm going off the demo s I've heard. It could be really good, but I found it hard to tell from YouTube.

I ll try one
    I think it is.

Fet drives are great, though I've found there is an awkward fizz when rolling back on the volume that doesn't happen in valve amps. Not sure why, you can hear it on the 7thvn demo, too.

The main advantages of this is spare amp for gigs and recording, but now I'm not convinced it sounds a great deal better, if any, than digital. As far as dirt boxes go, they sound great, but so do plenty of others.

I'll edit and just say I do tend to like jfet and mosfet distortion boxes more than others. The power grid is mosfet and sounds huge, though it's a bit of a one trick pony compared to these newer, cleverer ones!
    I run my 7thvn at 12vDC & it does sound fatter than at 9V DC. Don't know why that is weird?