SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Boss OD-3

What's Hot
joetelejoetele Frets: 961
edited June 2019 in FX £
Changed my mind - has anyone got a Boss OD-3 for sale? 
MUSIC: Pale Blurs
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12857
    I can recommend the joyo overdrives, vintage OD (Tubescreamer) and Sweet Baby, both are under £50 and sound really good.  The sweet baby in particular is very transparent.  Alternatively TC Mojo Mojo is also below £50 new, maybe harsher overdrive than the joyos but can be used as a clean boost.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8085

I've got a Danelectro transparent OD V2 you can have for £20
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 961
    munckee said:
    I can recommend the joyo overdrives, vintage OD (Tubescreamer) and Sweet Baby, both are under £50 and sound really good.  The sweet baby in particular is very transparent.  Alternatively TC Mojo Mojo is also below £50 new, maybe harsher overdrive than the joyos but can be used as a clean boost.
    Cheers dude. Was hoping someone on here might have something nice but I'll check these out. I had the TC Dark Matter and sometimes loved it and sometimes found it odd, but it was certainly transparent. 
    Paul_C said:

You tempting minx. 
    joetele said:
    munckee said:
    Cheers dude. Was hoping someone on here might have something nice but I'll check these out. I had the TC Dark Matter and sometimes loved it and sometimes found it odd, but it was certainly transparent. 
    There is a ts9 for £50 in the fx if it's still there. Not the most transparent overdrive but tubescreamers are great.
    Yeah Tubescreamer probably not transparent enough for me. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8085
    joetele said:
    Paul_C said:

You tempting minx. 

£25 then.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Paul_C said:
    joetele said:
    Paul_C said:

You tempting minx. 

£25 then.
    Wait, that's not how this works...
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 328
    I have got an immaculate Juan Solo built clone of the colour sound overdriver. Superb build quality, great artwork and has a huge amount of boost and drive sounds. Has been tweaked so it plays nice with other pedals. Great volume control clean up.

You can have that for £50 posted

I also have a Fredric Effects golden eagle Klon Klone. Again superb build quality but it has a few cosmetic blemishes. These normally go for £70 on here but would let that go for £50 too due to the blemishes in the finish.

I can send some photos if either are of interest.

Cheers 

Mark
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    Check out TC electronics MojoMojo
    I have got an immaculate Juan Solo built clone of the colour sound overdriver. Superb build quality, great artwork and has a huge amount of boost and drive sounds. Has been tweaked so it plays nice with other pedals. Great volume control clean up.

I also have a Fredric Effects golden eagle Klon Klone. Again superb build quality but it has a few cosmetic blemishes. These normally go for £70 on here but would let that go for £50 too due to the blemishes in the finish.

Cheers 

Mark
    Would the Golden Eagle be wasted on a Katana rather than a valve amp? 
    If you have it on clean and use an od it will respond like a valve amp would. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 328
    joetele said:

Cheers 

Mark
    Would the Golden Eagle be wasted on a Katana rather than a valve amp? 
    I have no idea to be honest, I have never played a katana or tried it with pedals. Of the two the clone of the Coloursound Overdriver works best into my THR10 but no idea how they would sound into the katana
    I've used the tubescreamer into a katana this week, sounded good. No reason any other od shouldn't. 
  • markvmarkv Frets: 462
    I've got a Tech 21 Double Drive, £40: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/149265/fs-tech-21-double-drive-price-drop

It's pretty flexible, can do boost, gain etc. It's has "class A" type gain, "class A/B" type gain, or a mix.
    Bump, decided I'm after an OD3