A fund-raising plea & a heart-warming story of a young man doing good things

close2uclose2u Frets: 997
edited May 2014 in Off Topic
From the outset I have to say that this is somewhat cheeky. However, nothing ventured, nothing gained. This is a thread asking for financial donations and contributions. Or at the very least well wishes and messages of support. For my grandson.

Some of you old MusicRadar members may recall that I told the story of teaching my grandson to play guitar. And after a seemingly short time he was keen to record some videos of his progress and upload them to youtube.

Well, time moves on and he has developed a love of another creative form - acting. He starred in his school end-of-year play last year. Since then, acting just on his own initiative, he approached two local amateur dramatic groups and has performed in several roles for them, most recently as Mr Wickham in Pride & Prejudice. He also secured an 'extras' role in the BBC series George Gently ... he appeared alongside Jemma Redgrave no less! (see cover photo on his Facebook page)

And now he has secured a place at a summer school with the National Youth Theatre ... whose alumni include Daniel Craig, Colin Firth, Daniel Day-Lewis, Orlando Bloom, Catherine Tate, Sir Ben Kingsley, Sir Derek Jacobi, Timothy Dalton, David Walliams, Matt Lucas, Hugh Bonneville etc etc. He successfully came through a nationwide audition of nearly 5000 budding actors. Fantastic!! He will spend 11 days in London ... his very first time away from home (he is still just 17).

Here is the rub. And my reason for posting. He needs to fund it and it isn't cheap. And his family are not wealthy ... his father is a minimum wage earner. He does have some money of his own. On the day he left school he got a part-time job in McDonalds and has saved virtually every penny he has earned.

So he has embarked on a fund-raising mission. Of course family are going to donate. He is going to do several sponsored events and other activities (raffles etc). But he needs all the help he can get. And I just wondered / thought / hoped that there may be some good folk, with a pay-it-forward spirit, willing and able to help give a young lad a helping hand in pursuing a dream. If so, then please visit his pledge page

http://www.gofundme.com/8xss2g

Or if you simply want to send well wishes then visit his Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/cameron.norrie.9

Thanks.
:)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments