Roy Buchanan backyard jam clip

jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12660
What a great clip, I love Roy's style of playing. This clip makes me feel nostalgic for a past that wasn't mine (if that makes sense)

"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 25006
    edited May 2014
    I absolutely love Roy Buchanan. The greatest Tele player of them all IMHO - without him there would have been no Arlen Roth and no Danny Gatton.

His 'Livestock' album is a master-class in playing a Fender guitar; 'Roy's Bluz' from that record is breath-taking (once you get beyond the vocal!)

His death was to say the least untimely. I would have loved to have seen him play live. A genius player....
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    He was an inspiration to many of my guitar pals and me in the 70's when he was sort of Canadas best kept secret still.  We all thought he would go on to greater glory but it was not to be.  Sadly, Danny Gatton followed his path a few years later in the US, the comparisons were rampant but when Gatton passed away the shock was just as fresh.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    I like the circular picking effect.. I've never seen anyone else do that. I liked that other Roy video from a few weeks back where he's playing through a Twin on 10.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"