SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT. Xotic XSC-2 Black, Super Heavy Aged

What's Hot
RandomGeckoRandomGecko Frets: 321
edited July 2019 in Guitars £
FT/FS: Xotic XSC-2 Black, Super Heavy Aged. Picked this up as a sort of impulse purchase 10 days ago and don't really want to take it back as a sale is a sale and all that, plus I have no actual reason other than I'm not sure I need it - I've had a gig come in where I need a double hum mahogany type - so a DGT or Les Paul, and a Tele so after a high end version of that. It's simply last in first out as I'm sorted for Strats.

As I say it was literally brand new very, very recently and has only been played for a few hours tops at home, plus one gig, so it's literally as good as new.

Super heavy aged black finish which looks to me like it's been modelled on the Fender John Mayer BLK1. Nitro finish. Red/Brown tort guard, HSS config with two RV60 single coils and the RV-PAF humbucker. 
Nice, full C roasted maple neck - with insane flame figuring - with a 12" radius Indian rosewood fretboard and Jescar jumbo fretwire. Weight is 7lbs 6oz.

As with all Xotics, it comes with their Raw Vintage saddles and springs on a 6 screw tremolo.

Comes with an SKB hard case with all case candy, certificates, etc. 

This was basically an impulse purchase but I already have Strats I love so I figure I'll move it on for something I need more in my arsenal.

Retail at £3,199 in the UK, so looking for £2,750.

Would accept trades (plus cash depending on value) of Gibson Custom Shop, Suhr, Tom Anderson, PRS DGTs, and guitars of a similar ilk.

2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    edited June 2019
    Very nice guitar. If you’ve got the option to return it to the shop for a refund why not do that? I doubt you’d get anything remotely close to the retail price by selling it on here as a second hand/used guitar. Good luck with it.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7280
    tFB Trader
    I've just set up one of these, they are lovely guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just take it back, plenty of people change their minds, don't take a £400 hit for it!
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 229
    Well **** me in the **** with a ******* **** ****... 

That's flipping beautiful.  Well out of my budget, but have a bump purely because I'm now semi-aroused.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandomGeckoRandomGecko Frets: 321
    I basically don't want to take the piss. I returned something there a few months back, so I'm not sure they'd be that cool with it. 
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    I basically don't want to take the piss. I returned something there a few months back, so I'm not sure they'd be that cool with it. 
    you could offer to take a store credit, or contribute a "restocking fee". 
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2321

Beautiful – would be a lovely match for Xotic Esquire.  Need to replenish the gear fund before making any more big purchases though L

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9941
    Unreal neck on that.
    As fretfinder said, you’re better off talking to the shop. There’s only one uk dealer for these and they’re brilliant, but will of course want a restock fee from you. That’ll probably be a better deal than a second hand sale though where you’re going to take a big hit, unless you get the right trade
  • That is stunning.

The body sort of reminds me of a Rory G strat but that neck is just gorgeous. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7208
    Did it go back to Peach in the end?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8962
    Content restored. Please remember that we don’t like Classified content to be deleted. Offenders receive the following PM:

We provide a free advertising platform. In return we ask that users provide good quality adverts, and don’t delete content. It’s the content which ensures that theFretBoard is highly rated in google searches, which helps potential buyers find your ad, and also brings new people to the forum. For that to work you have to put a full description and pictures in your thread, not link to eBay/Gumtree/Reverb/etc.

Please don’t delete Classified content. We have to search through the forum log to reinstate it, which can be tedious and time consuming. Repeat offenders lose their Classified access so that we don’t have to repeat the process
    .”
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    No, I'm keeping it, however I can't delete the thread!
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    And you won’t be able to.
  • AlloAllo Frets: 137
    We know where you live
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7208
    mrkb said:
    That’s good. If you do ever want to sell it in the future and I’ve sorted my finances out (which will take me a few months) let me know.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited July 2019
    This is back up. Had a new gig come in and need to actually get a couple of bits that I need for that and I'm very sorted for Strats - so I'm on the lookout for trades for a double bucker mahogany guitar, maybe a custom shop Les Paul, and a high end Tele-type.

Thanks.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28367
    Lovely looking guitar there!
    Really is
  • stefjuddstefjudd Frets: 41
    Don't fancy my Suhr then?... ;)
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 229