Schadenfreude...

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25496
edited August 2013 in Off Topic
Is it wrong that I didn't feel a shred of sympathy for the men and laughed like a drain all the way through ? =)) =))

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    Set up.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Nah, I think it's fine to laugh. I laugh equally hard at those demented old women with eighty cats in the house, which is probably what these women are all gonna become.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30129
    I think it's rather mean to laugh at this sort of thing.

Though that said, I've not watched yet and may well find it hilarious.

But at least I'll disapprove of myself for it. ;)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    I don't know whether it's right or wrong to laugh at them but I didn't find the video remotely funny.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25496
    edited August 2013
    octatonic said: Set up.
    What ? All of them ?? !! :-)

My late uncle did something similar (though it was only in front of friends and family) - the prospective bride was, however, considerate and quick-witted enough to accept and then let him down as gently as possible in private later.

Personally I find the big public proposal a mortifying concept. I don't think I could marry anyone who thought that was an acceptable way to propose. You'd instantly be suspicious of what other borderline-sociopathic tendencies they might have.
    edited August 2013
    Emp_Fab said:
    octatonic said:
    Set up.

What ? All of them ?? !! :-) I just watched the first one.
    Comedy == Tragedy
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25496
    I think they're hilarious - but - horses for courses...  people's tastes are all different.  For me, they're funny not because of the rejection alone, but because making a proposal so public is, IMO, a selfish attempt at forcing an outcome through embarrassment, thinking they can't possibly say no.....  well..... think again matey ! :-)

Emp_Fab said:
    I think they're hilarious - but - horses for courses...  people's tastes are all different.  For me, they're funny not because of the rejection alone, but because making a proposal so public is, IMO, a selfish attempt at forcing an outcome through embarrassment, thinking they can't possibly say no.....  well..... think again matey ! :-)
    Putting myself in the woman's position (Oh no, not again) if I was asked under those circumstances then I'd say yes to spare the poor bloke a humiliating rejection but then soon after I'd retract it with an explanation and a thank you.

As for laughing at it- it doesn't make me laugh but it doesn't make me feel anything else either.
    I think there is certainly better things I can be doing with my time and watching things like that, though.
    Sporky said:
    You'd instantly be suspicious of what other borderline-sociopathic tendencies they might have.
    Really?

It couldn't possibly be that for decades we've been spoonfed bullshit Hallmark and Hollywood notions of what romance is, leading men by the thousands to have ludicrous notions of what women want? The reason people propose like this is because they've been told by cunts like Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts that women want excitement and romance, and big fat gypo weddings with horse-cocks and all the trimmings.

This is what most bellends think romance and getting married means:

82million morons watched that (I was one of them) and a huge chunk must''ve gone; oh my god, how wonderfully romantic and it's these kind of idiotic gestures that people talk about and fantasize over.

How many times (and indeed we saw people complain about this for their own weddings on the old MR forums) have you seen people complain about their fiances, when their fiances are all fannying about going "it has to be absolutely perfect!" - It's all part of the bullshit entitlement culture that we live in.

Balls to that. When we got married it was simple; registry office, big piss up with some great food... Cost us under 4K and everyone had a really good time. No stress, no arguments about shoes or dresses or suits or flowers. No arguments about who to invite. No shite pub-rock band playing Sex On Fire for the fifth time in a night.

/rant
    edited August 2013
    Drew_fx said:
    Balls to that. When we got married it was simple; registry office, big piss up with some great food... Cost us under 4K and everyone had a really good time. No stress, no arguments about shoes or dresses or suits or flowers. No arguments about who to invite. No shite pub-rock band playing Sex On Fire for the fifth time in a night.

/rant
    We didn't even go that far.
    We had the registry with 2 other people as witnesses and then both went to work.
    We bought an investment flat in London Bridge instead of wasting money.

IMHO romance or commitment isn't chucking money at a bunch of strangers and saying 'make it perfect for us'.
    If other people want that then fine- but I'm pleased with our choice.

We had profit after the gifts came in. We did want a party, because I've got family spread across the UK, and Mak has family across two continents. But we didn't want to go completely fucking stupid with it.
    edited August 2013
    As I said above- it was just a person choice.
    I quite enjoy a wedding with all the trimmings- they are fun.

But I see a big issue on the horizon with so many people living so long so we made a decision to not do it and to put money away for our retirement.
    I wanted to be well off in my final years more than I wanted a big expensive party.
    If we were to have the wedding we could afford back in 2005 now it wouldn't impact us much, where as back in 2005 it would have cleaned us out.
    Reminds me of this video I saw once. I wont link it, because it is rude. But essentially... naked guy, naked girl. They're giving it the old kiss-kiss, and it starts getting heavy. Then she gets up and just walks off, the guy is all stumped and confused and starts to cry. You see him talking to someone off camera - presumably her - then he gets up and walks out the room.

Then SHE sits down in front of the camera and starts crying too. Cue end of the video.

People are fucked.
    Probably NSFW but not as bad as you think.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/1183463/derrick-comedy-blowjob
    Drew_fx said:
    Sporky said:
    You'd instantly be suspicious of what other borderline-sociopathic tendencies they might have.
    Really?
    I would. OK, that's overstating it a bit, but I am not comfortable with that sort of public showing-off. It works for some people - it very definitely doesn't work for me!

Four grand? Lawks. Ours cost about £300, probably less. ;)
    Sporky said:
    Ours cost about £300, probably less. ;)
    Does that include Police bail?
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I think mine cost £17 6 shillings and threepence.

octatonic said:
    Sporky said:
    Ours cost about £300, probably less. ;)
    Does that include Police bail?
    No, we had the other sort.