New ported amp stand thingie day.

DodgeDodge Frets: 1492
edited May 2014 in Amps
Thought I'd have a punt on a ported amp stand - looking forward to trying it out in anger, but initial tests at neighbour-friendly volumes look promising.

The small-box Matchless are excellent amps, but due to the size of the cabinet they end up sounding a little bass light.  This seems to have sorted that problem.  I was 95% sure I was going to convert this into a head and 2x12 cab (a couple of Emi Red Fangs waiting in the loft) but this will make me pause for thought.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 401
    That looks pretty cool. Was it expensive?
    The Swamp City Shakers
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16667
    Never seen one before but from what I can work out they stopped making them in 2010.
    Adds bass but effectively turns an open backed cab/ combo into a closed one so changes the sound of some set ups more than others.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1492

That looks pretty cool. Was it expensive?
    £5.50, so no.  ;-)

Never seen one before but from what I can work out they stopped making them in 2010.
    Adds bass but effectively turns an open backed cab/ combo into a closed one so changes the sound of some set ups more than others.
    I think they're made still, albeit with a refined design.  But yes, they appear to port the back of the combo to reflect some of the sound of the back of the cab,  In this instance, it works but I'm sure it's a rough science.