NGD Update - Avalon Ard Ri - S7-OAKC lefty

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GTCGTC Frets: 263
    I took the guitar in to my trusted tech Dino yesterday (who was blown away by it) to tweak the action to my liking. He was able to turn it round in a day so I was able to pick it up earlier today - and I can now say that this amazing guitar is well and truly mine. It just needed some lowering of the nut slots and saddle - the truss rod was fine.

I've included a few additional photos taken by Avalon - including the tonewoods at the start of the construction.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks amazing.. :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    Did yo ever record anything with this? 
    And how you tried any McIlroy's?
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 228
    Wow, congratulations. A stunning guitar - love the bog oak, would love to hear it played!  :)
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Looks a little beauty :)

Happy NGD mate
  • GTCGTC Frets: 263
    Well - it was an NGD 3 yrs ago. It is a magical guitar which seems to get better each time I pick it up. That isn't too often nowadays because I almost exclusively play nylon-strung classicals. I was thinking of selling it - but just picking it up and giving it a rare 10 min play was enough dissuade  me.

Sorry - don't do recordings. 

There will be a couple of NGD's on the way from me in due course. Ace Glastonbury luthier Alan Miller is currently building me a classical harp guitar with 8 super trebles and 8 sub basses. I'm also in the queue for a custom Brook Weaver (steel strung). I made the mistake of accompanying a friend down to see them and was smitten by Simon's Weaver. This will be rather special with some custom inlays (Jack) on the headstock and around the 12th fret in memory of my wife who lost her battle with cancer  on Boxing Day.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MellishMellish Frets: 945
    Touching mate. Wish you all the best :) 
  • TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 240
    That's giving me GAS again and I've nearly run in the first one.

Lovely instrument and I trust it's all you wanted for yourself. Enjoy.