Boss OC-3 - where to place it

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I have just bought a Boss OC-3 so I can use the polyphonic mode to give a lower octave to the low E and A strings when playing acoustic. My board at present is as follows:

Buffer --> TC Polytune --> Boo Instruments Chorus --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Holy Stain --> Mooer Blues OD --> Hardwire Reverb --> TC Electronic Nova Delay.

My initial thought would be to put it straight after the tuner so any effects have the lower octave to "affect". Would you agree this is the best place to put it in the chain?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Early on, it'll track best with a strong clean signal, so before anything else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    Yes, you'll need it very early on to get the polyphonic mode to work properly. The only time you can really put an octaver after modulation is if it's a full digital pitch shift which simply drops everything by the same amount and isn't trying to track individual notes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    Thanks guys. Glad my thought process was right! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom