Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Perfect Mix n Match Guitar

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Basic format "smaller 335" a la Gibson 356.  Around 7lbs or less.  Gibson scale.  Headstock allowing strings to run straight to the (locking) tuners while retaining an "old school" aesthetic.  Collings level QC.  Jescar 6100. Single volume control.  Splittable BK Mules or similar.  Possibly string-through Bigsby, can't make up my mind about that - one with, one without?  OK, I'll have a p90 in the neck on the one with the Bigsby.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tele-shaped
    Something light for the body, probably basswood (well, I like it)
    Maple neck, soft-V profile, maple board
    P90/Filtertron in the neck (can't quite decide)
    '50s-style bridge pickup (7-7.5k) in standard Tele bridge (3 brass saddles,string through)
    5-way switch - wired a la Deaf Eddie's 5-tone Tele mod (link)
    3 knobs - vol and 2 tones (G&L PTB tone stack)

I've got a combination of these things across three different guitars, but I'd love to put them all into one.
    YouTube yak-about regarding all things alt/indie/post-punk/noise/etc >>> HERE
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Pretty much my Jackson Dinky HSH reverse although I prefer the ESP lawsuit headstock with my Soloist neck heal. Has DM Evos with about 20 different pick up combinations.
  • FezFez Frets: 572
    1. Jaguar body & neck, Strat 2 point trem, Bareknuckle Crawler humbuckers with coil splits.
    2. PRS custom 24 with bridge humbucker and neck single coil overwound Stonetone.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2161
    edited September 2019
    I’m actually about to order it. Just waiting for some back pay to come through. 

So so far my spec is.

T type. Alder bodied belly and forearm contours with a 60’s C shape neck. Rosewood slab board 10” radius, 6100 fret-wire. Pointyish headstock ala Tom Anderson/Suhr/Schecter with a  Floyd Rose Trem. Two humbuckers with split coil positions on a five way switch. compact pickguard ala a thin line Tele on a sparkling plum red body. 

Its basically a mix of my Kotzen Tele, my old 62 Strat reissue, My PRS and the Ibanez RG560 I gigged in the 90’’s. 
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 657
    Mine would have to be this that I built:

Jazzmaster body shape, Strat neck with block inlays, Tunomatic bridge and tailpiece, Les Paul controls and switching with humucker sized P90s
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2279
    edited September 2019
    Jazzmaster body (roasted ash) and neck (roasted ash again, but rosewood fretboard)
    Staytrem bridge
    Gold hardware
    Black anodised pickguard
    An automatic tuning system at the back of the headstock that actually work (though not essential) 
    Tele neck pickup
    Goldfoil JM-size pickup in the middle (?)
    TV Jones Powertron in the bridge
    Pickup switch to allow all combinations of the 3 pickups (including series and parallel)
    Some kind of built-in switchable boost circuit.

Not sure how different a goldfoil can be from a Tele neck pick-up tone-wise, I just like both of them.