Celestion Advice

What's Hot
mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
edited May 2014 in Amps
I've just got a Palmer 2x12 closed back cab with Celestion Century Vintage prototype speakers. If I wanted to change one of them what would make a nice mix?

I prefer punchy mid and bass over mid and treble.

I mainly play pop, rock & blues using a Koch ST40XL

Any advice is appreciated
Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74495
    Quite a difficult choice because most of the models either emphasise bass *and* treble, or midrange. The proportions vary but one with bass and mids but not so much treble might be tricky… although since any of them will probably have more bass than the Century Vintage, maybe that will be enough.

I would look at the G12-65, or the new Creamback M65. Neither of them have really 'punchy' bass, but to get that you'd probably need an H-magnet speaker and they tend to have more top-end (or with the V30, upper mid).

But I would probably consider changing both of them anyway, if you don't want mid and treble. The Century I tried was *all* mid and treble.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom