PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

I've just got back from holiday in Northumberland.  Got some okay shots but didn't have my laptop, so had to rely on the Fuji app to transfer them to my phone.    The App is pants, it connects but then my photos had weird artifacts when imported to the iphone.  There's an option for mobile but it scales the pics down to 3mp.  Much as I like the camera I can't believe the integration with mobile is so bad in 2020.  Perhaps I should have taken an ipad and card reader or something.

Anyway, not my best shot of the weekend and it's 3mp, as opposed to 24, but was running out of time to post so uploaded this.  Jave just got back so posted the direct link so it displays properly.   This has got a real Windows XP vibe.....

I love the colours in that picture. Fuji seem to be particularly good at greens! I found the Fuji app to be really slow at transferring, to the extent that it would look like it had crashed, but I never had any issues with artifacts.

My camera now is a Panasonic and the app isn't much better. I did read something a while back where the reviewer was marvelling at how badly camera manufacturers seem to implement WiFi
    Canon are supposed to be quite good in that regard.  I nearly bought the 250d, but really like the Fuji so think I made the right choice overall.  Funny mine connects fine, it's a bit slow but not too bad, but then the photos come in weird.  Any edits to them with the ios app (which is my favourite quick editing tool) seemed to make them unviewable, literally half the photo would be greyed out, then it went mental when zooming.  Perhaps it's as much to do with Apple and how the iphone handles bigger files.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Last day of voting today :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• I'm a day early because of the long weekend, but this month's winner has just been announced on the August photo thread :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Moody ... I'll take a pic of the wife .. ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    I love the graininess of this not particularly sharp image of sunrise over Sandown Bay...at very silly o’clock

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57 said:
    I love the graininess of this not particularly sharp image of sunrise over Sandown Bay...at very silly o’clock

I like that a lot :+1: 

• Not so many entries this month... I've struggled, I've got to be honest: I had an idea for a cloudy sunset, but the nights when I've been able to get out at the right time have been crystal clear... I've posted a picture, but it's too old really, so don't vote for it.

Anyway: last day of entry tomorrow, if anyone else wants to contribute!

• Yeah, i haven’t managed to get anything new. Mine is Osaka castle from approx this time last year

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires

I'll see what I can do but I tend to come last as my pics aren't that good .. :-)

Must try harder ..

• @budgie - lovely shot!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:

I'll see what I can do but I tend to come last as my pics aren't that good .. :-)

Must try harder ..

I've just had a look back through the scores spreadsheet (yes, I know...). Anyway, you've never actually come last! :)

Fretwired said:

Must try harder ..

I've just had a look back through the scores spreadsheet (yes, I know...). Anyway, you've never actually come last! :)

:-)

I'm off out as the light goes down to take a shot .. back later ..

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    I think I’m pretty consistently last!.... =)
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    @budgie - lovely shot!!
    Cheers! 

Sorry to everyone if the theme was a little tricky.... Although, there are some nice entries this month!
  • paulnb57 said:
    I think I’m pretty consistently last!.... =)
    No, I don't think anyone has been consistently last since I took over!

Voting is now open though... :)

edited September 2020
    Mine is the wheat quarter in Welwyn Garden City .. those of a certain age may remember Shredded Wheat .. this is all that's left of the factory. Some of the silos have Banksy inspired artwork like the one below ... shot this evening .. we had a shower.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Evening chaps. Little bit early, but the new competition thread is now up:

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/191238/photo-competition-13-october-2020#latest

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited September 2020
    As luck would have it I can enter this month as I've just taken a photo a few days ago of some of my top harvest from the new allotment. They're delicious, and so tender and tasty! Absolutely blown away, the squash in supermarkets is not anywhere near as colourful or as tender - more stringy and tough.

Proud of this one. I printed it to matt paper from my Canon pro-10 and it's in a frame on the kitchen wall now. It looks beautiful in print, and is exactly what I wanted.

Edit for technicals: tripod mounted Canon 6D and 28mm 1.8 lens. Shot at f/8, 5 shot stack for more focus (with a lower MP camera you want to fill the frame as much as possible so depth of field wasn't amazing). Realism wasn't my goal, more a general "autumn feast" vibe that's warm and comforting. 
  • As luck would have it I can enter this month as I've just taken a photo a few days ago of some of my top harvest from the new allotment. They're delicious, and so tender and tasty! Absolutely blown away, the squash in supermarkets is not anywhere near as colourful or as tender - more stringy and tough.

Proud of this one. I printed it to matt paper from my Canon pro-10 and it's in a frame on the kitchen wall now. It looks beautiful in print, and is exactly what I wanted.

Edit for technicals: tripod mounted Canon 6D and 28mm 1.8 lens. Shot at f/8, 5 shot stack for more focus (with a lower MP camera you want to fill the frame as much as possible so depth of field wasn't amazing). Realism wasn't my goal, more a general "autumn feast" vibe that's warm and comforting. 
    That’s a great photo, I really like it. You’re disqualified though, it’s not the 1st yet ;) :lol: