PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7165
    Thanks for that Jonathan.  It has just dawned on me as I started to see other peoples' photos being linked back there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12349
    My pic is our Labrador puppy Daisy. We swore we wouldn't have another dog after we had a traumatic time with our last Lab, who developed a fatal liver problem and had a bad end to his life. But time heals, Daisy has brought a lot of happiness with her and it's great to have a dog in the house again. The cushion in the pic is my wife's (what is it with women and cushions? We've got a house full of the bloody things). The hardest part....getting an excitable seven month puppy to sit still for more than a nanosecond.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I had a few to choose from this month, though some were taken at the same time as others I have used previously - so have elected for a new shot from a couple of weeks back.

Our flat, which is certainly a happy place since we moved back in June.

I was trying for a Gustav Klimt feel with the foreground and box like background...
  • I decided to use something I took last week. It's at West Bay in Dorset. I live close to Bridport and often drive into Bridport/West Bay for a wander by the sea. I often stay away in summer as it's packed, preferring the quite windswept version of the place in autumn and winter. But I went down last week to catch the sun set, the place was rammed with tourists. But right at the end of the western end of the prom, where few grockles can be bothered to drag themselves so far from chips and ice-cream, it was quiet. And with the sun setting and the waves crashing, it was my happy place. 

• SUNBATHERSUNBATHER Frets: 85
    edited September 2021
    I just posted mine. I call it;

Significance through the Acid Eye
    Maximum volume yields maximum results
  • westfordwestford Frets: 578
    edited September 2021
    My photo is of my autistic son and our dog in their happy place, paddling in the sea. And when they’re happy, I’m happy.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    My pic is of our local Bistro which is now fully open after lockdown for alfresco dining - there are about 20 tables outside. I took the pic with my little point-and-shoot Ricoh camera.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Just added my submission, “Rainbow over Soho” just spent the weekend in London for my birthday and whilst walking through Soho (on the way to Gordon Ramsay’s Heddon St Kitchen for slap up birthday scoff) there was a beautiful double rainbow… loads of people just stopped to stare … it was quite surreal…
  • Morning all. Winner has just been announced in the competition thread :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Cool. For once I think I might already have a decent shot in the bag for this month, just needs some tweaking. 
    We had a charity tractor run a couple of weeks ago in the village where I live. My photo is a guy with his vintage Fordson. I had a chat with him and his family, he was a real character and full of stories.He eventually agreed to let me take his picture.
  • As some of you have already noteiced, voting is open now in the comments thread

• Last day of voting today...

• Winner has just been announced over in the competition thread :)

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4161
    edited October 2021
    It's a little bit early but I thought I'd let you all have a think about what you want to shoot this month... 

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 3003
    Well done on October's win @SPECTRUM001

I've taken a few sky view shots from over the last year, with the entry taken back in February sat outside a launderette in Van Horn, Texas. Others included a sunset shot in Dubai last December and a lovely rainbow at Cheltenham racecourse last week, but if I'm honest the entry is the only one where I deliberately took it for 'the sky'. 

The sky is a pretty amazing thing, full of wonders, day and night, so I'm really looking forward to the entries this month. There should be some stunners!
  • Shrews said:
    Well done on October's win @SPECTRUM001

I've taken a few sky view shots from over the last year, with the entry taken back in February sat outside a launderette in Van Horn, Texas. Others included a sunset shot in Dubai last December and a lovely rainbow at Cheltenham racecourse last week, but if I'm honest the entry is the only one where I deliberately took it for 'the sky'. 

The sky is a pretty amazing thing, full of wonders, day and night, so I'm really looking forward to the entries this month. There should be some stunners!

Exactly this :)

• Thanks @Shrews - and yes, I have a few in the pipe !!!

It would be good to have a broad scope. A shot that wasn’t initially about the sky may bring in a new perspective or beauty via a silhouette or colour. Or other ideas…

Bring it on !
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3053
    This was taken at the Biblins campsite on the Wye at Symonds Yat a while back, while we were walking the dog, it's a bushcrafty Teepee Structure….a few minutes later the dog legged it after a deer and disappeared for about half an hour, we thought we’d lost the idiot for good, but he eventually came back covered in scratches from running through brambles in a panic to get back…..
    The Wye Valley is one of our favourite places to holiday

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll