PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    Good topic. Got a shot in the can that’ll fit the bill if nothing else comes up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Obviously this was my suggested theme - so I had a couple of recent landscape shots in mind.

Decided on Seven Balloons though (I do have an Eight Balloons as well - but it's a little too distant and abstract).

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @SPECTRUM001 I had a similar balloon shot lined up for his month, but yours is way better so I had to rethink. 
    Mine was taken on a misty early morning when I was out walking the dog in the fields behind our house. Just an iphone shot but I love the atmosphere of it. 
  • Oh no !! Sorry @boogieman !!!

Well at least place it here so we can see (mine is also "just" an I-phone shot - amazing technology really) ??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Oh no !! Sorry @boogieman !!!

Well at least place it here so we can see (mine is also "just" an I-phone shot - amazing technology really) ??
    No worries ;) I won’t bother putting mine up, yours really is way better. The sun was behind the balloon in mine so the colours weren’t really visible. 

Yeah, phone cameras are so good nowadays it’s not really worth taking a “proper” camera out unless you know they’ll be something special to shoot. 
  • I've been holding off on posting this month, because I did a night tour of the RAF Museum at the weekend and I wondered if I might get something cool while I was there, but in the end I went with a sunrise that I shot while I was working in Scarborough a couple of weeks ago. My favourite shot from the museum was this one:

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 296
    edited November 2021
    @Haych is your pic from Tenby ?

I just put in my first competition pic having got myself a first Dslr camera, just need to learn how to work it now :)
  • I've been holding off on posting this month, because I did a night tour of the RAF Museum at the weekend and I wondered if I might get something cool while I was there, but in the end I went with a sunrise that I shot while I was working in Scarborough a couple of weeks ago. My favourite shot from the museum was this one:

Crikey - wouldn't want to mess with that (alsation) !!!

tbh, I think your sunrise may be just a tad more appealing - given the swastika stage right - was that a Luftwaffe prop ?
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5615
    Jaycee said:
    @Haych is your pic from Tenby ?

I just put in my first competition pic having got myself a first Dslr camera, just need to learn how to work it now :)
    @Jaycee, indeed it is, well spotted that man!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

Crikey - wouldn't want to mess with that (alsation) !!!

tbh, I think your sunrise may be just a tad more appealing - given the swastika stage right - was that a Luftwaffe prop ?
    I hadn’t spotted that swastika! Yes, there are quite a few German planes there :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Voting is now open over in the competition thread :)

Be warned though: this is a very very hard month to vote on!

• westfordwestford Frets: 577
    Yesterday morning, too late for the comp…

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 296
    That is stunning
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3003
     'twas a cold and frosty morning a few days ago, with a really strong full moon.  Took the pic and then noticed I had captured Orion in the background.

Sadly, those moonbeams shine through. Anybody know how to prevent that happening (using just a mobile phone)? 
  • After a bit of a balls-up with the scores and a heads-up from @Shrews, the correct winner of this month's competition has just been announced:

• Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

• bertiebertie Frets: 13566
    hmm interesting,   now Im a "pipe and slippers" man,  I keep meaning to  take it up again.......... dust off the old 40d (bought years ago with @strumjoughlamps ; recommendation at the time)   

Been thinking of either upgrading the body (70d or 80d  appears to be the options) and/or getting a 100mm Macro (the 2.8 USM not the 2.8L) 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    bertie said:
    hmm interesting,   now Im a "pipe and slippers" man,  I keep meaning to  take it up again.......... dust off the old 40d (bought years ago with @strumjoughlamps ; recommendation at the time)   

Been thinking of either upgrading the body (70d or 80d  appears to be the options) and/or getting a 100mm Macro (the 2.8 USM not the 2.8L) 
    The 40D is still a capable enough camera. If you haven’t got a decent lens on it you’re better off getting one than upgrading the body. If you’re still using the 18-55 kit lens it came with, then definitely upgrade it, they’re not a great quality lens. 
  • Very quiet in the competition thread this month… I know I’ve been absolutely stacked out with work and other commitments, I guess we’re all the same boat. Just managed to enter a picture though; it’s something that whenever I see it I always think instantly of Christmas… :)

Haven’t had time to get out to shoot anything specific this month, so mine is just a iphone shot of my wife and brother in law sodding about at Leeds Castle. We’d gone there for a day out on his birthday.