PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• boogieman said:
    Haven’t had time to get out to shoot anything specific this month, so mine is just a iphone shot of my wife and brother in law sodding about at Leeds Castle. We’d gone there for a day out on his birthday. 

That's a great photo, love it :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12347
    Ta!  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    A pic of my grandson enjoying Christmas with me and my wife with his favourite toy dog Bertie - Christmas is a time for family.

Happy crimbo to all the snappers on the forum.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Fretwired said:
    A pic of my grandson enjoying Christmas with me and my wife with his favourite toy dog Bertie - Christmas is a time for family.

Happy crimbo to all the snappers on the forum.
    Is a lovely photo. It's going to be hard to vote again this month!

Merry Christmas to you & yours, too :)

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 3003
    Merry Christmas all.

Mine is the dancing statues in Denver, a celebration of performing arts, outside the performing arts university there.

It was back in February, I'd just outrun the winter storm that had hit Texas and  I made it from near the New Mexico border to Florida in pretty horrendous blizzard conditions. Three days of driving in those conditions stopping in Austin and Baton Rouge, before finally outrunning it somewhere near the Florida border. I was in an SRV made for Florida sunshine! How the hell I didn't crash it I will never know. I think God was smiling down on me. 

Stayed there 2 more days and caught a flight to Denver. As you can see, the snow followed me.

I can't say I was too happy about it. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

• Hope you've all had a great Christmas. Bit late, but the winner has just been announced in the competiton thread :)

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4161
    edited January 2022
    I was really hoping to get out with my camera for this month, there have been some truly stunning sunrises and sunsets down at the seafront, but I've just not had a chance. Gone with a photo from a falconry experience I did in October for my mum's 70th, instead

@skullfunkerry ;I was toying with using this but I wasnt sure if it really fitted the brief. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogieman said:
    @skullfunkerry ;I was toying with using this but I wasnt sure if it really fitted the brief. 

That’s a great photo! I feel like the photo can be whatever you feel based on the theme - I can’t imagine ever disqualifying anyone or anything like that!

boogieman said:

That’s a great photo! I feel like the photo can be whatever you feel based on the theme - I can’t imagine ever disqualifying anyone or anything like that!
    Now you’ve got me thinking I should change my entry for this month. Is that allowed? 
  • boogieman said:
    boogieman said:

Now you’ve got me thinking I should change my entry for this month. Is that allowed? 
    Of course! :)

boogieman said:
    boogieman said:

Of course! :)
    Cheers, just changed it.  ;)
    Mine is a sunrise shot from my bedroom window earlier this week ...

• Fretwired said:

There have been loads of cracking sunrises and sunsets around here lately; the camera groups I'm in on facebook have been absolutely full of them! I've not had a chance to get out and catch any though. I really like your shot: I'm a sucker for a moody silhouette :)

Fretwired said:

There have been loads of cracking sunrises and sunsets around here lately; the camera groups I'm in on facebook have been absolutely full of them! I've not had a chance to get out and catch any though. I really like your shot: I'm a sucker for a moody silhouette :)

Thanks. It was taken with my point and shoot Ricoh GR camera - a great piece of kit that fits in your pocket.

@vanlooy1 ;

Yes, it was Cheltenham back in October. The rainbow stuck around for ages, maybe 15-20 minutes. I will upload some more to Imgur and put them on here
  • Voting is now open in the competition thread

edited January 2022