5 min one take noodle challenge!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7214
    steven70 said:
    Sent one in....can't believe I did tbh as it's rough and embarrassing...but one take on lunch hour.
    A good exercise- a few things became apparent.
    - As soon as the 'red light' goes on I tense up and dry up
    - I run out of licks fairly soon
    - start cramping up after a while
    (I think both are related to 'red light syndrome' as it does not happen often live, honest...)
     Anyway, back to work..

And yet there's a bunch of licks in there i don't think I have heard before and that I'll be nicking to add to the repertoire. Well done. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steven70 said:
    poopot said:
    added to the playlist...
    Oh dear, Oh dear oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. It's quite painful to hear.

Anyway, good lesson. Thanks @poopot :)

I like it @steven70 ! Kind of Dave Navarro esque.

Will give this a go later, will see if it’s shareable. 
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1680
    Ok, please explain to a Luddite like me how I might do this.

I have an iPad, an iPad interface (Apogee), JamUpPro and Garage Band. But I have absolutely no idea how to do it.

Be kind.....

Rob
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9100
    Ossyrocks said:

I have an iPad, an iPad interface (Apogee), JamUpPro and Garage Band. But I have absolutely no idea how to do it.

Be kind.....

Rob
    If you download the backing track to your iPad, you should be able to import that into GarageBand on it own track...

create a second track in garage band for your guitar, plug in and noodle away...

the backing is mixed in a way to give you space up the middle for your guitar... once you have the levels sorted bounce as an mp3 (I think it’s “share” in GarageBand)...
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3126
    edited October 2019
    poopot said:
    Ossyrocks said:

Be kind.....

Rob
    If you download the backing track to your iPad, you should be able to import that into GarageBand on it own track...

create a second track in garage band for your guitar, plug in and noodle away...

the backing is mixed in a way to give you space up the middle for your guitar... once you have the levels sorted bounce as an mp3 (I think it’s “share” in GarageBand)...
    I haven’t been able to work out how to download from soundcloud to my ipad - is it possible?
    What I do is download it on a PC, save it to icloud.
    I then on my ipad create a new song in garageband by laying down any old drumbeat. Then I press the + on the top left and increase section A by a lot of bars (for 5 minutes make it a few hundred) Then then import the track it into garageband from icloud using the round squiggle  icon, top right, delete the rough drum track, then record guitar over the backing track.
    It works though I’m sure there must be an easier way.....

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    MagicPigDetective said:

I haven’t been able to work out how to download from soundcloud to my ipad - is it possible?
    I then on my ipad create a new song in garageband by laying down any old drumbeat. Then I press the + on the top left and increase section A by a lot of bars (for 5 minutes make it a few hundred) Then then import the track it into garageband from icloud using the round squiggle  icon, top right, delete the rough drum track, then record guitar over the backing track.

it is easier than that. Go to GB and select new track (no need for drum beat). Drag music file from desktop into window (your track is now the length of the music file). Create track to add guitar.
    edited October 2019
    Sent my one although to be honest it's really flakey. 

Strat going into a treble booster then delay pedal (with way too high repeats) into Marshall SV20h into a 1x12" greenback cab.
    Mic was a Sennheiser E906. 
    All drive changes on the guitar volume pot. 
    No eq or reverb or anything added in the DAW

Today's excuses are using a too thin pick I'm not used to and not bothering to turn off the delay pedal or go get a proper pick. Also really needing a poo. 

Played along with it once and then played along with it recording and this is that. 

Some of the bits that aren't horrendously out of time with the gain down a bit in the middle have some potential from around 2.30ish onwards. I'd just forward it to there to be honest. The rest is proper wank and mostly out of time, but in for a penny. 

If we do another one could we make it 3mins or under? 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    Got it... will upload tomorrow now
    Cheers. More I listen to it the more I hate it :)

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5687
    I'm not sure whether to listen to the others before having a crack at this, or just chuck one in and hope it isn't the suckiest of them all (not that I'm sure when I'll be able to do it, but ...)

Snags said:
    I'm not sure whether to listen to the others before having a crack at this, or just chuck one in and hope it isn't the suckiest of them all (not that I'm sure when I'll be able to do it, but ...)

Go for it!...

not an official challenge as such anyway so no deadline...
    It's a nice exercise in the sense that I can listen back and hear how I'd actual compose a solo properly now. 

• axisus said:
    MagicPigDetective said:

it is easier than that. Go to GB and select new track (no need for drum beat). Drag music file from desktop into window (your track is now the length of the music file). Create track to add guitar.
    You can't drag and drop from desktop on an ipad though unless I’m mistaken? 
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1312
    steven70 said:
    poopot said:
    added to the playlist...

Thank you, I wish I could play like Dave Navarro- came out more like Fast Eddie Clark tbh (tho I love Fast Eddie..)
    But that has got me listening to 'Ritual de lo habitual' again...forgot how good that album was
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1312
    edited October 2019
    axisus said:
    MagicPigDetective said:

You can't drag and drop from desktop on an ipad though unless I’m mistaken? 
    Please ignore if this doesn't help or too obvious as I have a mini mac...but just in case:

If you can get the mp3 file into your ipad by hook or by crook.
    Then a new song in Garageband and create a new 'audio' track (I choose record using a mic)
    Don't worry about the length of the track
    If you can open 'Finder' alongside so you can see the mp3 (can use search), you can drag and drop the mp3 onto the new track and move it to line up with the start
    Maybe different on an ipad but worth a try...

Cheers!
    Out it in a Dropbox or iCloud folder and then do it on your phone from there. 

• BradBrad Frets: 694
    soma1975 said:
    Cheers. More I listen to it the more I hate it :)
    Don't be hard on yourself man, it takes a lot of courage to put your playing out there. There are loads of cool moments :smile: 
    Thanks. Let's just say I have a much clearer idea of what I need to improve. The next one will be tighter and the timing not as shocking. 

• steven70 said:
    steven70 said:
    poopot said:
    added to the playlist...

Thank you, I wish I could play like Dave Navarro- came out more like Fast Eddie Clark tbh (tho I love Fast Eddie..)
    But that has got me listening to 'Ritual de lo habitual' again...forgot how good that album was
    Yeah, a classic of an album, Dave was on fire