Blackstar Id core owners.

markjmarkj Frets: 948
I bought myself a id core 20 last week. I love the 2 presets on the amp for the clean channels, but I find the crunch and overdrive settings quite raspy and fizzy. What do other owners think? The YouTube videos make the overdrive channels sound superb. How do you set up yours on these settings.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I know what you mean.  I don't tend to use much of a high-gain sound, so it doesn't really bother me much (crunch channel with gain half way up is about as gainy as I'd ever use really) but the high-gain stuff isn't very nice sounding through the piddly little speakers in my core 10.  Sounds better on headphones.  But high-gain isn't really my thing - perhaps some metallers will reply...

I'm generally really happy with mine though. Only thing I'd like to change for my purposes is that you can only store one user patch for each of the amp models.  I'd like to be able to store six patches based on the clean and crunch preamps - I wonder if that's doable with a firmware update or whether it's too embedded in the way the software works.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4198
    I've got the Core 20. Doesn't sound raspy to me. I used the high gain channels and am surprised how full sounding it is.

• LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 941
    Sounds a lot better with a dab of reverb and pickups that aren't too hot.