Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The first PRS I've looked at and gone "ooh"

What's Hot

Comments

• It made me go ick
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3000
    edited November 2019
    I prefer the looks and more interesting pickup config of the Vela:

Probably my favourite looking PRS other than a black McCarty! It’d be nice if they did a HH or dual P90 Vela with their standard stoptail bridge. I imagine this one would sound a bit too “tele” for what I’d want out of a PRS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe said:
    The PRS models in this thread are THE PRS models to head for. The Frilly Knickers models are just too showy and silly-priced for proper everyday guitarists gigging down the pub!
    Err, no
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I have not played an S2 but have plenty of Cores and SEs.

I actually prefer MIK SEs. They are built to a budget, but they just play, feel (and even sound) better to me.
    I have both USA and MIK PRSs BTW.
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindude said:
    On a similar subject, this landed at my door yesterday, it’s one of the new limited run ones. Always fancied these - looks, feels and sounds way more grown up than I was expecting. Loverly.

I didn’t even think they were in the shops yet. Looks, I think, like a more rounded/ contoured body than the original Ones? 
    Nice. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1364
    57Deluxe said:
    The PRS models in this thread are THE PRS models to head for. The Frilly Knickers models are just too showy and silly-priced for proper everyday guitarists gigging down the pub!
    I agree with this. I had plenty of core models but considering how good s2 and the new se are I wouldn't buy a core again, maybe the old CE at a good price. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2019
    I think the SE’s are brilliant guitars - much better than other similarly priced guitars and I thought the Ltd Ed Bernie I played was actually much better than a lot of Gibson LPs I’ve played. The only reason for me to buy a core or S2 would be that I want a plain finish with dot inlays - I keep saying it but I don’t know why the SE series doesn’t have a stripped back, no frills model like the S2 Standard 22 but with a proper hardtail bridge. Basically a humbucker version of the old Soapbar II. I do like that Pattern Regular neck more than the wide fat though - I suppose they would reserve that for S2 models and upwards.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 2000
    TTBZ said:

Probably my favourite looking PRS other than a black McCarty! It’d be nice if they did a HH or dual P90 Vela with their standard stoptail bridge. I imagine this one would sound a bit too “tele” for what I’d want out of a PRS.
    I don't find it very Tele at all. 
    I've got a bkp in the bridge of mine and it's got a great low end for heavy riffage :) 
    edited November 2019
    Well that’s good to know I keep reading they’re something like a tele meets Gretsch sort of tone which I’m not into at all - maybe just the stock bridge pickup though? Suppose my Warpig would fatten it up a bit!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8622
    sgosden said:
    TTBZ said:

I don't find it very Tele at all. 
    I've got a bkp in the bridge of mine and it's got a great low end for heavy riffage :) 
    I had a Vela and it sounded good, just couldn’t dial it in with my rig somehow - too much low end if anything, my other guitars are pretty spiky sounding so my rigs tuned as such. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10930
    dindude said:
    On a similar subject, this landed at my door yesterday, it’s one of the new limited run ones. Always fancied these - looks, feels and sounds way more grown up than I was expecting. Loverly.

Congrats mate. That looks fantastic
  • @dindude what is the balance like on these? I'm worried they might be a tad neck heavy? 
    @dindude what is the balance like on these? I'm worried they might be a tad neck heavy? 
    No neck dive, haven’t weighed it yet but feels
    spot on, I’d say between 7lbs and 7.5lbs. It’s a lovely thing, I’m allergic to fat Easter guitars generally, but this does feel like a proper instrument, lovely neck, sounds ace. Flawless build too.
  • dindude said:
    @dindude what is the balance like on these? I'm worried they might be a tad neck heavy? 
    No neck dive, haven’t weighed it yet but feels
    spot on, I’d say between 7lbs and 7.5lbs. It’s a lovely thing, I’m allergic to fat Easter guitars generally, but this does feel like a proper instrument, lovely neck, sounds ace. Flawless build too.
    Years since I bought a guitar but the idea of Juniorish type really appeals. Hmmm...
  • MickeyjiMickeyji Frets: 108
    edited November 2019
    +
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24994
    dindude said:
    I’m allergic to fat Easter guitars generally

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    dindude said:
    I’m allergic to fat Easter guitars generally

Ha ha, I’m so allergic I can’t even bring myself to type the words 
  • I have to say I find the Vela and the Starla absolutely gorgeous to look at. And I look at a lot of guitars... 
  • enjoenjo Frets: 286
    dindude said:

That looks awesome!
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2330

I’m not normally much of a PRS fan, but really like the look of this DGT: 

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180327325318007-1106858--prs-dgt-autumn-sky-dgt-neck-carve-moons-248752

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom