SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 2016 Fender 52 AVRI Telecaster and (SOLD) 72 FSR AVRI Thinline Telecaster

TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
edited December 2019 in Guitars £
Hi all,

Bought this just before baby #2 arrived with all the intention of playing regularly. Ha ha. It's now been sat in my office coming on three years and has not been played. Literally. I've opened the case candy packet to see what's in there but that's about it. I've included a pic to show the pickguard which is untouched, as is the rest of the guitar. 

These aren't made anymore, but if you're a guitar nerd on tfb then you know all about this already. 

Kids ain't chap and as such I am needing to move a few guitars on. Looking for £1255 on this one. 
Specs as per: https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/electric-guitars/telecaster/fender-american-vintage-52-maple-tele-in-butterscotch-blonde

Based in Devon, coming to London in December or can arrange collection.

Cheers!
TinLip

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PM sent

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TinLipTinLip Frets: 368
    edited November 2019
    I'm looking to sell my 72 Thinline Telecaster for £1100. It's from the Factory Special Run they did a few years back. Please note this is the rarer American made model, not the Mexican ones which are around. I checked with Fender on the phone a couple of years ago and if memory serves it's a 2014 model although one can get that in writing from their customer services (or you can ring them yourself with the serial # in the pics).

I've played it a handful of times in my office but it's never left the house. No marks, scratches or dings. Lovely wide range pickups. 

Collection from Devon (or London in December) or your courier.

More details and better marketing words than I could possibly hope for at:
    https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/products-out-of-stock/fender-fsr-american-vintage-72-telecaster-thinline-black
    http://www.reallygreatguitars.com/product/fender-avri-fsr-american-vintage-72-telecaster-thinline-2012-black/ (similar serial # sequence)
    http://www.reallygreatguitars.com/product/fender-avri-fsr-american-vintage-72-telecaster-thinline-2012-black/

Model Name: American Vintage '72 Telecaster Thinline
    Series: American Vintage
    Body: Ash
    Body Shape: Telecaster
    Neck Shape: "C" Shape
    Number of Frets: 21
    Fret Size: Vintage Style Frets
    Position Inlays: Black Dot Position Inlays
    Fretboard Radius: 9.5"
    Fretboard: Maple
    Neck Material: Maple
    Neck Finish: Gloss Lacquer
    Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
    Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
    Neck Plate: 3-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt Neck Adjustment
    Truss Rods: Bullet Style Truss Rod
    Bridge Pickup: Fender "Wide Range" Humbucking Bridge Pickup
    Neck Pickup: Fender "Wide Range" Humbucking Neck Pickup
    Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
    Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
    Hardware: Chrome
    Bridge: Vintage Style Strat Strings-Through-Body Hardtail Bridge
    Tuning Machines: Vintage "F" Style Tuning Machines
    String Nut: Synthetic Bone
    Unique Features: Improved/Revoiced Wide Range Humbucking Pickups, 3-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-Tilt Adjustment, "Bullet" Truss Rod Nut, "F" Style Tuning Machines

• Price for the 72 would be ace, just so I can tell the family if they're getting presents or not this xmas ;)
    Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
      Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

Price for the 72 would be ace, just so I can tell the family if they're getting presents or not this xmas ;)
    Sorry - had two threads merged by the admins! 72 Thinline is up for £1100. I'll update the ads.

• @TinLip Oh God that is extremely tempting  :#
    Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
      Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

@fendermadlewis ;They’re both fantastic and immaculate. Unfortunately post-mid life crisis combined with small children and lack of time means they should probably go to someone who’s going to play them.

• They're both lovely - just the wrong side of Xmas for me. As a recent convert to them I think the only thing that's better than a Tele is two Teles. 52s are lovey guitars.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• KarnakKarnak Frets: 16
    Hi Tinlip,
     Would you be interested in a top of the range acoustic. I have a Huss and Dalton OM. Engelmann Spruce top and figured claro walnut back and sided. Made in Virginia, USA.
    Cheers Rob
    Karnak said:
    Hi Tinlip,
     Would you be interested in a top of the range acoustic. I have a Huss and Dalton OM. Engelmann Spruce top and figured claro walnut back and sided. Made in Virginia, USA.
    Cheers Rob
    Sale only please. I’ve also got two acoustics coming up for sale soon so trying to thin the herd.

• KarnakKarnak Frets: 16
    No problem. GLWTS.