SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Sony RX100 ii digital camera

What's Hot
goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6305
edited December 2019 in Misc £
This is Sony's pocket-rocket digicam. I've loved every moment of owning it, as did the tFB forumite who had it before me. Amazing packaging - despite the compact size, it's got a 1" sensor, and it really is pocketable at 102x58x36mm - that's about the size of a pack of playing cards.

• 20 megapixel sensor
  • Zeiss lens
  • 28-70mm optical zoom
  • f1.8-4.9
  • built-in flash
  • wifi for picture transfer and remote control
  • hot-shoe for accessories such as a stereo mic for video
  • rear tiltable LCD screen
It does just about everything, from all-manual (including manual focus) to full point-n-shoot automatic with scene detection. Sony stuffed a lot of processing from their high end mirrorless cameras into this, including the very excellent Multi-Frame Noise Reduction, see here, for example: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/42104563

Very good condition, just one set of light scuff marks on the edge of the rear-screen (see final photo). As you can see, this does not affect the display at all.

Comes with all original bits and pieces: charger, wrist-strap, cable and original box and manual.

Plus:
  • genuine Sony VFA 49R1 - two-part filter clip-on ring, so you can use any 49mm filter
  • full printed-out and bound user guide
  • Alexander White's guide to the RX100 ii (full-colour and way better explained than the Sony manual)
  • spare battery

As you can tell, I love this camera. I'm replacing it with the far lesser HX80 and putting the extra £££s into lenses for my micro-four thirds camera. 

Price: £225 200! 175 shipped mainland UK (or £190 collected from Cambridge)
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6305
    Whoops... Extra photos:

(red outline shows the light marks mentioned above)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

The books: 455pp and 267pp, respectively.

• Great camera. I have a mk i and it punches way above it's weight. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12492
    edited December 2019
    Great camera. I have a mk i and it punches way above it's weight. 
    I’ve got a mk4, these are amazing little things. Someone should grab this. 
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    @goldtop Just in case you aren’t aware, the screen has a screen protector on it :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Budgie said:
    @goldtop Just in case you aren’t aware, the screen has a screen protector on it :)
    Ahem ... I ... well ...  it seems I need to upgrade my specs to ones with stronger magnification! :anguished: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump to price drop: £200 shipped.
    Bump to price drop: £175 shipped without the books, or £190 shipped with the books.