James Bond returns

What's Hot
New Bond trailer .. love the old Aston with upgraded guns .. some decent stunts as well.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 844
    edited December 2019
    Bond trailers are always good. The actual films not so much.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • As with every James Bond movie, I'm excited to see this. I hope it's better than SPECTRE though...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26942
    edited December 2019
    April! I thought it was going to be Christmas next year. That's good news

Looks decent. They've been good/bad/good/bad so far with Craig's Bond, so I have high hopes for this one. The long gestation period will hopefully help too, same as it did for Skyfall. Rami Malek is always good, Lea Seydoux was the best thing about the last one and Ralph Fiennes is *perfect* casting as M so I'm quite up for this one. Keeping fingers crossed.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28329
    Not a Bond fan personally. I like a few of them, even one of the naff ones! I quite liked the first Daniel Craig one but haven't seen any others after that. 

Actually they are the sort of film that I sometimes catch late night on TV when channel surfing/ faffing on iPad. I will probably see them all eventually. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22769
    As with every James Bond movie, I'm excited to see this. I hope it's better than SPECTRE though...
    It should be, they tend to alternate.
  • That opening scene in Spectre was astounding, what you go to the cinema for. But the rest of the movie was a real disappointment. Can’t wait to see the new one.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited December 2019
    axisus said:
    Not a Bond fan personally. I like a few of them, even one of the naff ones! I quite liked the first Daniel Craig one but haven't seen any others after that. 

Actually they are the sort of film that I sometimes catch late night on TV when channel surfing/ faffing on iPad. I will probably see them all eventually. 
    EDIT

Skyfall's worth watching - it's one of the few Craig era films that I've watched more than once.

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7105
    thought he was gonna say "history isn't kind to men who play golf" then haha

nor should it be, that's the thing
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Malek = Dr No. is currently being speculated...

Is this the introduction of the new 007 for film 26?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Fretwired said:
    axisus said:

Spectre's worth watching - it's one of the few Craig era films that I've watched more than once.
    Do you mean Skyfall? I thought Spectre was beautiful but godawful under the surface.
    Fretwired said:
    axisus said:

Spectre's worth watching - it's one of the few Craig era films that I've watched more than once.
    Do you mean Skyfall? I thought Spectre was beautiful but godawful under the surface.

I did mean Skyfall .. I hated Spectre.

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5734
    I never saw Skyfall as being a ‘Bond film’. It was a dark, edgy and stunningly shot thriller with Bond in it. Spectre was a Bond Film, light on plot and depth but heavy on world travel and stunts. Seemed very true to the typical serving to me 
    Lashana Lynch, who plays Nomi, is reportedly set to replace Craig as Bond as the franchise updates itself or goes woke depending on your viewpoint. Can't see how that would work as presumably in the new film she's not called Bond ... unless the franchise gets split into a male Bond and a female Lara Croft style character which could be interesting.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks good, and bike action too. I’m a big Moore fan lazenby was good too and brosnan .will defo watch this
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5734
    Fretwired said:
    Lashana Lynch, who plays Nomi, is reportedly set to replace Craig as Bond as the franchise updates itself or goes woke depending on your viewpoint. Can't see how that would work as presumably in the new film she's not called Bond ... unless the franchise gets split into a male Bond and a female Lara Croft style character which could be interesting.

From what I’ve read, Bond buggers off and that means there was a new 007. 
  • I like Bond films as fairly lightweight easy watch entertainment, the kind of thing you can watch whilst reading something else, but would never now bother going to see them at the cinema. I'd say the more interesting question about it would be...who's going to do the theme song and will be a better one than the last two?!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    edited December 2019
    dazzajl said:
    Fretwired said:

From what I’ve read, Bond buggers off and that means there was a new 007. 
    Felix, the CIA guy is in the clip asking for help .. does Bond work for the CIA?

I'm sure Nomi is 007 but as this is Craig's last Bond film (and Bond is in it) who will play Bond in the next film? Unless they retire the James Bond name to have a woman as the hero for the next film - this makes no sense to me.

• I'd like them to let Radiohead/Thom Yorke do it this time. Their Spectre theme was way better than whatshisname. 

Frankly just anyone with a decent singer and drummer and an understanding of string arrangements should work. The National? 
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 844
    The National's a good shout. I could Mark Lanegan doing a good one. His cover of "You Only Live Twice" is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQvGIlApbTo
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6788
    I'd like them to let Radiohead/Thom Yorke do it this time. Their Spectre theme was way better than whatshisname. 

Frankly just anyone with a decent singer and drummer and an understanding of string arrangements should work. The National? 
    I’m hoping Lizzo does it and gets to dance in her leotard during the intro titles.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom