General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    I won! And I just picked it up. £625! Not too bad I think. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525

Which model is it?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    RedRabbit said:

Which model is it?

It's the 512GB model. I'm very impressed, it's great. 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525
    Not a bad deal at all then.

Mine's still in transit from the Netherlands.  Hopefully it'll turn up this week but I'm away from Wednesday so I'll have to ask that it's kept somewhere safe as it's being delivered to work.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12323
    I just bought the Razer Deathadder v2 Hyperspeed mouse for the Deck and it's perfect combo (for me).  It connects via Bluetooth (also has a 2.4ghz dongle if you want to), so you can put the dongle for the desktop and flick a switch to go between them.  It's light and only £35.  Much better value than the Logitech MX Anywhere that I was looking at.  The biggest difference is it doesn't have that infinity wheel, which for games, I want the notches and not freewheel.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lol... My reservation just came up :lol: :lol: 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30152
    I'll give you £300 for it. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    I'll give you £300 for it. 
    For the reservation email? Sure. I'll keep the Steam Deck though. ;) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm not gonna bother with it in any case. I'll cancel my preorder and just keep this one. 
    CEX will give you £650 for the one you've got, then you can have the shiny new one and not be out of pocket. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2022
    Sporky said:
    CEX will give you £650 for the one you've got, then you can have the shiny new one and not be out of pocket. 
    So it does! Hmm. 
    I got Gamepass working on the Steam Deck. It works very well. 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3452
    edited July 2022
    I got kicked off of Horizon Forbidden West, the women I'm sort of seeing took over and 100% completed the game she bloody found everything even all the DATA codex things, got all the legendary weapons and armour, fully upgraded them all, completed the new game plus, completed it on the hardest difficulty, left me absolutely nothing to do in the game.  So, I'm now playing Ratchet and Clank - the one from 2016, and it's a hell of a lot of fun.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2511
    I’m really trying to get into Horizon FW - but it just feels really fiddly to me with all the multiple weapons and the controls etc. Doesn’t help that it feels like the skill tree keeps throwing extra controls and mechanics into it as well. 

Probably just me, bit it’s rather off putting. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28685
    edited July 2022
    FWIW I ignored half the weapon types in HFW just as I did in HZD. I went through the whole game pretty much only using hunter & sharpshot bows, tripwires, the tie-down rope thingy and occasionally the gauntlet shredder. I could then concentrate on upgrading those as much as possible rather than trying to juggle a bigger bunch of less-optimised options. It also means you don't have to spend skill points on the weapons you aren't using

Otherwise I found myself not only juggling ammo types but weapons as well and you don't really need to. I also didn't intentionally use any combos so that's a bunch more skill points saved. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited July 2022
    FarleyUK said:
    I’m really trying to get into Horizon FW - but it just feels really fiddly to me with all the multiple weapons and the controls etc. Doesn’t help that it feels like the skill tree keeps throwing extra controls and mechanics into it as well. 

Probably just me, bit it’s rather off putting. 

To be honest you'll never use any of these new combos - I agree they're stupid almost as bad as that stupid machine strike game, outside of the melee training pitts, and even then it's just for the training challenges before you take on the pitt master, and you don't need to use any of the combos you have learned  and practised to fight the pitt masters, even the final pitt master - the Enduring, that's not marked on the map until you complete the 4 melee pitts.  And you don't need to doany  of the melee pitts, hunting trials, gauntlets, arena or machine stike matches to complete the game, only if you want to 100% the game and get all of the legendary weapons and armour, and trophies, even then you don't need to do them all, besides the melee pitts  to unlock the Enduring, and hunting trials, which you only need to get bronze in each event, not gold.
    I did it with just bows and one shredder. Ammo types are important, but lots of different weapon types aren't - just find what works for you. 
    I've played some of it but it feels like too much of a copy of the first one. 
    Sporky said:
    I did it with just bows and one shredder. Ammo types are important, but lots of different weapon types aren't - just find what works for you. 

I just used the hunter bow, only time I used the other weapons was when it was a requirement, but then I didn't get as far as the arena, before she took over.  But it was the same in Zero Dawn for me, the hunter bow other than when it was sa requirement to use a different weapon, and I did that one on my own, and 100%'d it.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7687
    I kept shouting at Aloy for getting stuck in the environment and now I'm not allowed to play it anymore.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom