General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    I loved F-Zero on SNES.

Played that to death. 
    I dearly wish they'd make another F-zero. Even just a tidied-up version of the GC one would do me
    yes! just boosted up to 1080p/60 and i would play it till the anti-gravity wheels fall off
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Had a spare kallax unit so today's mission is to redo day room.. didn't quite realise how much work it entailed. Still a boat load to do but am shaking violently at the minute and a bit unsteady on my feet. Tablet time at 2pm so should be okay in 45 mins or so then I'll carry on.

So far.......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18307
    tFB Trader
    bbill335 said:
    I loved F-Zero on SNES.

Played that to death. 
    I dearly wish they'd make another F-zero. Even just a tidied-up version of the GC one would do me
    yes! just boosted up to 1080p/60 and i would play it till the anti-gravity wheels fall off

Mario Kart 8 does have one of the tracks from F-Zero
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28685
    bbill335 said:
    I loved F-Zero on SNES.

Played that to death. 

Yeah but you can't do 1000 km/h!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    tFB Trader
    bbill335 said:
    I loved F-Zero on SNES.

Played that to death. 

Yeah but you can't do 1000 km/h!

There are some amusing hack videos on this theme.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335 said:
    I loved F-Zero on SNES.

Played that to death. 

A new Wipeout would be welcomed too.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    bbill335 said:
    I loved F-Zero on SNES.

Played that to death. 

it has two but it ain't the same
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30150
    I have finished Supraland Six Inches Under, which was excellent, and Power Washer Simulator, which was also excellent.

Now playing Adventure Pals on PC - a very jolly platformer bash-em-up, lovely music - and Assassin's Creed Origins, which seems to be set in Yorkshire given how often people say things like "By 'eck, you're back!". It's fine, but it's not Odyssey in terms of story so it's a bit do-this-murder-chore-and-then-that-murder-chore.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Far Cry 6 finished yesterday. I quite enjoyed it after I stopped and came back to it. Ending was a bit lacklustre though if I'm honest. Good for 20 quid, wouldn't recommend at full price. 

Need to pick Stray back up next, and MrsF has requested AC Valhalla because Vikings. 

She also started Spiritfarer, which she says is very enjoyable in a slightly melancholy way
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30150
    Lady BMcH, who is not an overly emotional person, described Spiritfarer as "the saddest thing ever". 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    Lady BMcH, who is not an overly emotional person, described Spiritfarer as "the saddest thing ever". 
    She's obviously never played Ghost of Tsushima. That game broke me at one point. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • New baby was delivered this morning..

PC Engine Duo, good condition for age, fully recapped and laser alignment. Plays both Hu Cards and CDs.

That makes 8 consoles in that little day room now, and 18 in the house, plus arcade machine plus 2 gaming PCs :bleep_bloop: :scream: 

I think I am done now, maybe a Japanese Sega Saturn at some point.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 145
    New baby was delivered this morning..

PC Engine Duo, good condition for age, fully recapped and laser alignment. Plays both Hu Cards and CDs.

That makes 8 consoles in that little day room now, and 18 in the house, plus arcade machine plus 2 gaming PCs :bleep_bloop: :scream: 

Shmup heaven rtght there.  I've got a Duo-R.

• marauder said:
    New baby was delivered this morning..

Shmup heaven rtght there.  I've got a Duo-R.

Superb, I was after the -R but then read the -R is pretty much the same with more stable caps so when I seen a recapped Duo I could afford I thought 'that'll do me'..

And a first party controller with turbo function just shows what genre of game this machine was mainly aimed at.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7686
    Sporky said:
    She's obviously never played Ghost of Tsushima. That game broke me at one point. 
    I can't remember anything that even made me sad, I was too busy slashing throats.
    DefaultM said:
    Sporky said:
    I can't remember anything that even made me sad, I was too busy slashing throats.
    Most of it was fine being all sneaky-ninja style, but there's one point that only a monster would forget! 
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:

Surely FF7?
    Sporky said:

Surely FF7?
    I've never played it, which feels like the gaming equivalent of never having seen The Godfather (which I also haven't seen..)

It's on my to-do list. 
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Any burning reason to get a PS5 yet?
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12323
    Not really, I only turn mine on to play Elden Ring, and that is multi platform.