General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• I would say I’ve had that value out of it already since having one about 6 months. Graphics and loading times are obviously better. Being quiet, switching games really quickly and haptic controllers are the 3 biggest added benefits I hadn’t considered when I bought it.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. Ps4 crapped out today while playing elden ring! 
    I’m 140… yes 140 hours in to that game!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I would say I’ve had that value out of it already since having one about 6 months. Graphics and loading times are obviously better. Being quiet, switching games really quickly and haptic controllers are the 3 biggest added benefits I hadn’t considered when I bought it.

That's nothing...

My wife's stats on Animal Crossing, the sad sad sad woman.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I started a new one, and I think it might be my least favourite soulsborne game. Perhaps including dark souls 2, but it feels very similar in a lot of ways.

It's... Oddly balanced. Dark souls and bloodborne are always relatively well balanced, with the odd spike or dip. But elden ring is a bit all over the place, and there is a very solid "meta" - people are obviously finding builds online and using them because I get beaten by the same 4 or 5 builds all the time. BLEED. 

But it's alright. I suspect the balance being a bit off is a function of the open world. So on this play through, I'm pretending it's skyrim and it makes a bit more sense. 

That's nothing...

Not bad. Respect. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    edited September 2022
    I would say I’ve had that value out of it already since having one about 6 months. Graphics and loading times are obviously better. Being quiet, switching games really quickly and haptic controllers are the 3 biggest added benefits I hadn’t considered when I bought it.

That's nothing...

Not bad. Respect. 
    I had 265 DAYS played on WoW. Catch up! 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2511
    edited September 2022
    So the Steam Deck is still showing as ‘shipping soon’…. But I’ve got the USB hub, travel case, 1TB microSD card and screen protector here all ready to go!

I’ve really been getting back into Amiga, C64 and Spectrum emulators, so can’t wait to get those working on it. 
    edited September 2022
    FarleyUK said:
    So the Steam Deck is still showing as ‘shipping soon’…. But I’ve got the USB hub, travel case, 1GB microSD card and screen protector here all ready to go!

I’ve really been getting back into Amiga, C64 and Spectrum emulators, so can’t wait to get those working on it. 
    So from what I'm gathering from the reddit there is a delay on shipping. People are stuck on 'shipping soon'.

I sent mine back and it was recieved ten working days ago yet they've only just registered it as being delivered to them now. The RMA/returns process is meant to take 10 working days yet they've taken the whole period just to say they got it have taken 10 days. I've sent them a message to see what's going on but I'd be surprised if i get it back within the month. 

They've seemingly got big delays in their distribution. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2511
    FarleyUK said:
    So the Steam Deck is still showing as ‘shipping soon’…. But I’ve got the USB hub, travel case, 1GB microSD card and screen protector here all ready to go!

So from what I'm gathering from the reddit there is a delay on shipping. People are stuck on 'shipping soon'.

I sent mine back and it was recieved ten working days ago yet they've only just registered it as being delivered to them now. The RMA/returns process is meant to take 10 working days yet they've taken the whole period just to say they got it have taken 10 days. I've sent them a message to see what's going on but I'd be surprised if i get it back within the month. 

They've seemingly got big delays in their distribution. 
    Ah, bugger. Oh well, it'll get here when it gets here.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12322
    If it says it's been shipped, expect radio silence for about 4-5 days.

Then the next update you will get is that it will either be "At your local depot for delivery" or "Out for delivery" on that day in the morning.

They don't seem to have any delivery through customs or in the national depot, unlike other packets i get from abroad. 
  • Just got myself XBOX series X to replace my old XB1 (which tbh I haven't touched for 2 years at least). It's nice and I played MS flight simulator and nba2k22 for a bit but I'm craving some RPG. Could play skyrim and fiablo again I guess but please tell me - how good is Elden Ring - worth getting into?
    Just got myself XBOX series X to replace my old XB1 (which tbh I haven't touched for 2 years at least). It's nice and I played MS flight simulator and nba2k22 for a bit but I'm craving some RPG. Could play skyrim and fiablo again I guess but please tell me - how good is Elden Ring - worth getting into?
    It's amazing!!

Very deep game, there is something every 30seconds in any direction to discover and the map is huge.
    Just got myself XBOX series X to replace my old XB1 (which tbh I haven't touched for 2 years at least). It's nice and I played MS flight simulator and nba2k22 for a bit but I'm craving some RPG. Could play skyrim and fiablo again I guess but please tell me - how good is Elden Ring - worth getting into?
    It's amazing!!
    And hard!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022
    There are work around to get it easy.  If you are willing to grind it and play in a certain class.

Margit 1st attempt, no damage taken, under 10 seconds...only took me hitting him 5 times. lol
  • I've read somewhere that it's difficult, but that's fine - I'm happy to invest some time into character development etc. 
    I quite like to go off on side quests - that's how I played Skyrim. 
    Sounds like I'll be ordering ;) thanks dudes
    I've read somewhere that it's difficult, but that's fine - I'm happy to invest some time into character development etc. 
    I quite like to go off on side quests - that's how I played Skyrim. 
    Sounds like I'll be ordering ;) thanks dudes
    Great you'll enjoy it, but it's not really like Skyrim. Have you played any Souls games? There's no quest lists or anything and the game doesn't hold your hand. 
  • I haven't no... I'm up for a challenge but you're getting me worried now ;-)
    I haven't no... I'm up for a challenge but you're getting me worried now ;-)
    You should be. :lol: 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    tFB Trader
    Heres a question for you guys...

I used to be a gamer.. Played on computers since I was about 10 years old (Atari etc)... BUT I also used to work in the games industry.. Started as a tester and then worked my way up to producer/designer and was in it for about 15 years. I had loads of consoles but my last one was the Xbox 360 which I actually still have, I have been using it as a multi media player for like the last decade. The last games I remember playing were Zelda (I think it was the Wind Waker) on the Gamecube and then Batman arkham asylum on the 360 both of which bored the living crap out of me..  

Or more to the point, I think by that time and with my history of gaming I was just bored of it. Because I was a designer I would just critique the game as I was playing it thinking, oh I would have done that differently etc... Also really I found all of the games much the same at that point to so I just stopped playing games completely. That was in like 2010.

However I am now thinking about maybe getting back in to it. I have the time. So heres my actual question since I have been out of it for so long..  Do I get a PS5 or an Xbox (what ever the latest one is called)?
    edited September 2022
    I have both. Personally, I'd get a PS5 because I think that they have better original titles (God of War, Last of Us, Stray, Deathloop, Final Fantasy, Horizon, Spiderman). The controller is also superior but I imagine Xbox will come out with their own one at some point. And while the Xbox is great and Gamepass is good, I've either played the games before or I'm not that into them. Forza Horizon, Halo Infinite are good and for many are worth the price of Gamepass alone, I feel like I've been playing these games for years so they bored me quickly whole PlayStation are consistently coming out with new and interesting titles. But that's just me.

But if you're new to it there is a lot of stuff all round, and Xbox have scooped up a load of studios so the future is bright for them. Aside from the two I mentioned included with Gamepass there's Doom Eternal which is amazing, Hades, The Outer Worlds, Sea of Thieves, Crusader Kings 3 and lots more. The new Bethesda game, Starfield is going to be included with the subscripiton with no extra cost. 

If you have a good Internet connection you can play Xbox games via the cloud and you don't need a console. I was playing Gamepass via my Steam Deck and it was amazing. I was even considering getting rid of the actual Xbox.

So in summary, in my opinion: PS5 has better controller, originals. Many included in PS Plus. 
    Xbox has lots of good games, especially if you haven't been playing for ages, but you don't need a console if you have a good Internet connection. I believe you get can get a trial of it for quite cheap so you can test out the whole thing and the games. 

Really you can't go wrong with either. 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    tFB Trader
    I have both. Personally, I'd get a PS5 because I think that they have better original titles (God of War, Last of Us, Stray, Deathloop, Final Fantasy, Horizon, Spiderman). The controller is also superior but I imagine Xbox will come out with their own one at some point. And while the Xbox is great and Gamepass is good, I've either played the games before or I'm not that into them. Forza Horizon, Halo Infinite are good and for many are worth the price of Gamepass alone, I feel like I've been playing these games for years so they bored me quickly whole PlayStation are consistently coming out with new and interesting titles. But that's just me.

But if you're new to it there is a lot of stuff all round, and Xbox have scooped up a load of studios so the future is bright for them. Aside from the two I mentioned included with Gamepass there's Doom Eternal which is amazing, Hades, The Outer Worlds, Sea of Thieves, Crusader Kings 3 and lots more. The new Bethesda game, Starfield is going to be included with the subscripiton with no extra cost. 

If you have a good Internet connection you can play Xbox games via the cloud and you don't need a console. I was playing Gamepass via my Steam Deck and it was amazing. I was even considering getting rid of the actual Xbox.

So in summary, in my opinion: PS5 has better controller, originals. Many included in PS Plus. 
    Xbox has lots of good games, especially if you haven't been playing for ages, but you don't need a console if you have a good Internet connection. I believe you get can get a trial of it for quite cheap so you can test out the whole thing and the games. 

Really you can't go wrong with either. 
    Ok cheers. Many thanks..   So is Spiderman only on PS5?  That is one of the games that I am interested in.. Played the original PSX version and loved the swinging around...  I have seen youtube vids of the newer ones and the graphics of the city are amazing... 

So whats considered a good connection?  I have I think its about 80mb download.