General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 30148
    Everybody's Golf was pretty good. So was Pangya, except for the AI cheating. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    I am considering a golf game. I loved Golf Story and What The Golf. Wasteland Golf Club was rubbish. I think it's between:

Cursed to Golf
    Easy Come Easy Golf
    A Little Golf Journey

Anyone recommend or otherwise? 

I don't know any of those but I absolutely LOVED everybody's golf on ps1. 

I don't particularly enjoy golf, but I have really fond memories of playing that with my dad. What a game. 

"it's in the hole!". 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30148
    Mini golf is good. I've never tried big golf. It looks a faff. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rabs said:
    I finally bought a new console..  But didnt go for the PS5 or Xbox..   I got a switch (an OLED one).

Always been a big Nintendo fan. The SNES and N64 are two of my all time favourite consoles for the games.. And also I liked the idea of being able to use it on the go (or the loo  :) ) if needed.

And yes.. So far so good. Its giving me the slightly less full on games which is what I wanted. As someone who has been playing games since I was 11 and was a games tester for several years I think I have had my fill of all out action games and am happy with the slower pace of a lot of their games. And Nintendo do that really well.. 

Good call.

I struggle to work up the enthusiasm for a PS5.

The graphics on the PS4 seem fine to me and the games don't actually seem to be any better other than loading times.

The Switch is constantly in use in our house every member of the family loves it.
    I agree - I ‘upgraded’ to the PS5 last month and honestly, I’m not sure why I did. It’s a fine console, but I’m not seeing major benefits over the PS4 Pro that I had really.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25497
    edited October 2022
    I'm now downloading the new Call of Duty.

Yes I know!

But it's still the perfect after work stress relief blaster. The last one (Black Ops) was poor, but MW was great fun.
    I'm hoping the new one will be good.

I'm also hoping my RTX2060 will be fine as I don't have the money for an upgrade at the moment.

I'm holding off. I still play modern warfare multiplayer and it's still good. Black ops was terrible. How they made that same engine feel so weird I'll never know.

Mw2 looks good, but they always do... Let me know how you get on? I don't play warzone so it's all ground war and multiplayer. 

I was going to have a quick blast before work today but there was a 50GB update! 

So I'll let you know over the weekend!

I did have 10 mins on the campaign - early release. That was quite fun, but like you I'm all about the multiplayer. Almost always Ground War.

Bits of the others if I fancy doing the daily missions.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25497
    Rabs said:
    I finally bought a new console..  But didnt go for the PS5 or Xbox..   I got a switch (an OLED one).

Always been a big Nintendo fan. The SNES and N64 are two of my all time favourite consoles for the games.. And also I liked the idea of being able to use it on the go (or the loo  :) ) if needed.

And yes.. So far so good. Its giving me the slightly less full on games which is what I wanted. As someone who has been playing games since I was 11 and was a games tester for several years I think I have had my fill of all out action games and am happy with the slower pace of a lot of their games. And Nintendo do that really well.. 

Good call.

I struggle to work up the enthusiasm for a PS5.

The graphics on the PS4 seem fine to me and the games don't actually seem to be any better other than loading times.

The Switch is constantly in use in our house every member of the family loves it.
    I agree - I ‘upgraded’ to the PS5 last month and honestly, I’m not sure why I did. It’s a fine console, but I’m not seeing major benefits over the PS4 Pro that I had really.

I've got a PS5 - got mine about a year ago and I have to say at the moment I would have been happy sticking with my PS4.

Since then I've also bought an Xbox controller for my PC and the XBox controller is so much better. Better size / feel / layout.

I'm toying with the idea of selling the PS5 and getting the new Xbox instead. My first was a PS3 when they came out so I've stuck with that platform since then so I keep changing my mind.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Sporky said:
    I am considering a golf game. I loved Golf Story and What The Golf. Wasteland Golf Club was rubbish. I think it's between:

Cursed to Golf
    Easy Come Easy Golf
    A Little Golf Journey

PGA tour 2k23. 

I got one one XB1X. Its pretty good.
  • Since picking up Fallout 3 GotY for free on Epic last week, I'm back in the Capital Wasteland again.  Been a while...
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28682
    I like my PS5 but I had a year-one PS4 so just the reduction in fan noise was almost worth it tbh!  

The main benefit is 60fps for me. I was super cynical about it from watching videos but it makes a huge difference to how a game feels when you play it. The upgraded Control & Ghost of Tsushima have been my favourites so far, though I agree it really could do with some more exclusive games. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7685
    PS5 is a great at being a silent and slightly better looking PS4 Pro.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    yeah 60fps and super quick loading times are a nice luxury, and i love demons souls to bits. the other thing is it seems far cheaper and easier to get a ps5 than an equivalent-spec PC to get decent framerates and load times on current gen software. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultM said:
    PS5 is a great at being a silent and slightly better looking PS4 Pro.
    I wish my PS5 was silent.

Thankfully my XBSX is. 

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7685
    Was it silent at first? 
  • No. It's always been a bit noisy. Nothing like the last generation - my PS4 pro is a jet engine - but the PS5 is still pretty noticeable when playing GT7. 

• Same - Miles Morales heats my living room very quickly :lol: 
  • Currently working my way through Crash Bandykoot, some 30 years or so since I last completed it. Taken literally weeks to get past the level’Road To Nowhere’.

• strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3522
    edited October 2022
    Another addition to the retro room, Philips CDi 220.  

Fond memories back in the mid 90s with this machine, playing games, watching films and listening to music.. it's still classed today as a great CD player.

• strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3522
    edited October 2022

Sporky said:

Cursed to Golf
    Easy Come Easy Golf
    A Little Golf Journey

I don't know any of those but I absolutely LOVED everybody's golf on ps1. 

I don't particularly enjoy golf, but I have really fond memories of playing that with my dad. What a game. 

"it's in the hole!". 
    Easy Come Easy Golf is by Clap Handz, it's an improved version of Clap Handz golf on iOS, both of which I am not too keen on.

Everybody's Golf World Tour on PS3 is the pinnacle of the series IMO. Sega Golf Club on PS3 is one of my faves too, it's Japan only game but works on any PS3 and has enough English text to work it out, can be had on eBay for around £10.

PGA European Tour on Megadrive

Neo Turf Masters on Neo Geo but you'll find it on most modern consoles download store.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4905

Finally got a Series X.   Coming from an original One.  Some games don’t look massively different, Forza Horizon 5 actually looks pretty good one the One, the extra details on the X are great but it’s not a world of difference.

Wreckfest is much better, even just playing the original version, because the framerate is way higher on the Series X.  The One couldn’t really handle it.

Fifa 22 is terrible.  Really jerky.  Only tried on the Series X.

MS Flight sim is fun, didn’t try that on the One.

So what should I download that’s currently on Game Pass and makes use of all the additional graphical power I know have?  
  • @menamestom ;Plague Tale Requiem looks incredible on Series X. Obviously better if you’ve played the first game but not essential to understand what’s going on.