General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4905
    @menamestom ;Plague Tale Requiem looks incredible on Series X. Obviously better if you’ve played the first game but not essential to understand what’s going on. 
    Thanks, looks good.  I loved the Tomb Raider games, aside from a completely different story game play has similarities so will be right up my street, downloading this one now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've started hollow knight, seems to be a good metroidvania esque game! 
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 149
    @menamestom ;Plague Tale Requiem looks incredible on Series X. Obviously better if you’ve played the first game but not essential to understand what’s going on. 
    Yes, this game is a proper looker!

• MS Flight sim is fun, didn’t try that on the One.

Flight Sim is next-gen only. Though you can play the streaming version on older hardware. 

MS Flight sim is fun, didn’t try that on the One.

Flight Sim is next-gen only. Though you can play the streaming version on older hardware. 
    Ah fair enough.  Thats probably why.

Enjoying it so far, just need to learn how to fly!
  • Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 309

Finally got a Series X.   Coming from an original One.  Some games don’t look massively different, Forza Horizon 5 actually looks pretty good one the One, the extra details on the X are great but it’s not a world of difference.

Wreckfest is much better, even just playing the original version, because the framerate is way higher on the Series X.  The One couldn’t really handle it.

Fifa 22 is terrible.  Really jerky.  Only tried on the Series X.

So what should I download that’s currently on Game Pass and makes use of all the additional graphical power I know have?  
    Fifa 22 was super smooth for me on the PS5, weird that it's jerky on SX. Should be a locked 60fps at 4k.

I really enjoyed the PS5 but moved it on and bought a PC with an RTX 3080 ti. That is a big step up! Feels like I'm playing a PS6 or something. I do play on a big 65" tele though so 4K is pretty important and 60fps makes everything feel wonderful.

Currently gone back to Skyrim and downloaded a pre made mods list - what a spectacular game!! These mods make it look like a modern game!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FIFA was locked 60 for me on SX. So maybe something else was going on for you. 

FIFA was locked 60 for me on SX. So maybe something else was going on for you. 
    Probably, it’s probably not a particularity taxing game graphically, so shouldn’t have an issue.  
    I’ve read some stuff online about there being issues like this related to server connections or something.  If it persists I’ll delete it and try 23.

Sharky77 said:

Finally got a Series X.   Coming from an original One.  Some games don’t look massively different, Forza Horizon 5 actually looks pretty good one the One, the extra details on the X are great but it’s not a world of difference.

Wreckfest is much better, even just playing the original version, because the framerate is way higher on the Series X.  The One couldn’t really handle it.

Fifa 22 is terrible.  Really jerky.  Only tried on the Series X.

So what should I download that’s currently on Game Pass and makes use of all the additional graphical power I know have?  
    Fifa 22 was super smooth for me on the PS5, weird that it's jerky on SX. Should be a locked 60fps at 4k.

I really enjoyed the PS5 but moved it on and bought a PC with an RTX 3080 ti. That is a big step up! Feels like I'm playing a PS6 or something. I do play on a big 65" tele though so 4K is pretty important and 60fps makes everything feel wonderful.

Currently gone back to Skyrim and downloaded a pre made mods list - what a spectacular game!! These mods make it look like a modern game!
    Sounds like a en expensive set up!
    The console is fine for me coming from an Xbox One, might get a decent gaming PC one day, but I only have a basic Samsung 43inch 4k TV, which is only 60hz, so anything better would need a TV upgrade to make the most of it.

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25497
    I'm now downloading the new Call of Duty.

Yes I know!

But it's still the perfect after work stress relief blaster. The last one (Black Ops) was poor, but MW was great fun.
    I'm hoping the new one will be good.

I'm also hoping my RTX2060 will be fine as I don't have the money for an upgrade at the moment.

I'm holding off. I still play modern warfare multiplayer and it's still good. Black ops was terrible. How they made that same engine feel so weird I'll never know.

Mw2 looks good, but they always do... Let me know how you get on? I don't play warzone so it's all ground war and multiplayer. 
    I’ve had a few hours now on a variety of multiplayer modes and maps.

Obviously getting the weapon parts unlocked is a ballbreaker as usual and the upgrade system is a bit different. To unlock some of them you have to hit a certain level on a different one.

Biggest gameplay change at the moment is that unsuppressed fire doesn’t show in the map! Lots of players complaining about that. But at the moment suppressors aren’t needed so it frees up a slot.

The UI is shit. So difficult to find anything.

The maps are great so far. Good designs. 

I need to work out which sniper is going to behave like my HDR from MW though.

Way way better than BLOPS! 

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• I'm now downloading the new Call of Duty.

Yes I know!

But it's still the perfect after work stress relief blaster. The last one (Black Ops) was poor, but MW was great fun.

I'm also hoping my RTX2060 will be fine as I don't have the money for an upgrade at the moment.

I'm holding off. I still play modern warfare multiplayer and it's still good. Black ops was terrible. How they made that same engine feel so weird I'll never know.

Mw2 looks good, but they always do... Let me know how you get on? I don't play warzone so it's all ground war and multiplayer. 

Obviously getting the weapon parts unlocked is a ballbreaker as usual and the upgrade system is a bit different. To unlock some of them you have to hit a certain level on a different one.

Biggest gameplay change at the moment is that unsuppressed fire doesn’t show in the map! Lots of players complaining about that. But at the moment suppressors aren’t needed so it frees up a slot.

Awesome. 

I have less desire to buy right now since I have hollow night. But hopefully mw2 will be in a sale at some point and I can pick up. By then, it'll be less buggy.

I thought the UI of MW was pretty bad as well - if it's worse than that, someone in the UI/UX space needs a stern word... 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3167
    I just bought Fallout 3 GOTY edition for £5 on the PC so I've started playing that again. Haven't played it in some time, fallen in love all over again. Next will be Skyrim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 525
    Having played Fallout 4 first, I struggle a bit with Fallout 3.  I still enjoy it and I even started a new playthrough last week but it just seems a bit "clunky".  That said, I'm intending to finish the main game and all DLC before moving on to New Vegas which, other than the first couple of hours, I've never really played.

Still plugging away at Persona 5 as well.  About 15 hours in and have cleared the first palace.  Still seems a lot more linear than I was hoping for but I get the idea that I've only really just finished the tutorial so I'm hoping it opens up a bit more going forward. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8482
    Depends on the monitor/tv you use, refresh rate etc. Don’t forget to change display setting on SX 
    I'm now downloading the new Call of Duty.

Yes I know!

Awesome. 

I have less desire to buy right now since I have hollow night. But hopefully mw2 will be in a sale at some point and I can pick up. By then, it'll be less buggy.

I thought the UI of MW was pretty bad as well - if it's worse than that, someone in the UI/UX space needs a stern word... 
    If you do get it then to level up play the INVASION multiplayer mode.

It's full of NPCs to make up the numbers and they are supremely stupid and easy to hit.

I'm waiting for Stodeh to do a sniper meta build so I know what I'm trying to unlock! :D 

I had a great HDR in MW but was using a non-sniper scope to avoid glint. And with a 32 inch 4K screen I could spot those tiny 4 pixel heads quite easily!

• TheMarlin said:
    Depends on the monitor/tv you use, refresh rate etc. Don’t forget to change display setting on SX 
    4K/60 on my TV. 

• Giving Assassins Creed Black Flag another run on my old PS3.  

Nice bit of winter sun holiday pirating my way around the Caribbean.  Still holds up very well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    SNIP
    If you do get it then to level up play the INVASION multiplayer mode.

It's full of NPCs to make up the numbers and they are supremely stupid and easy to hit.

I'm waiting for Stodeh to do a sniper meta build so I know what I'm trying to unlock! :D 

I had a great HDR in MW but was using a non-sniper scope to avoid glint. And with a 32 inch 4K screen I could spot those tiny 4 pixel heads quite easily!

As if by magic - Stodeh has unlocked all the snipers over the weekend and maxed them all out. Now I know what I'm trying to unlock.

Slight error - Invasion is not full of NPCs. It's just a different map design and fewer tanks to make infantry work less of a "die by tank" fest.

Good maps in that mode as well. Some are crowded and some are really desolate with sparse cover. Really need some teamwork to lay down suppressing fire when moving.

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8482
    Xbox Series S goes to 144hz. I have a bunch of consoles so run two large 4K 165hz monitors, depending on what I’m playing on.  Also doubles up an additional displays for my work laptop. 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    tFB Trader
    After seeing many reviews of it. I just went and bought No Mans Sky.  Looks really good..  Unlike that Starlink game I got which looks to have similar mechanics and has 8 planets to visit. Apparently this game has a random planet generator and like trillions of planets and the whole universe to explore...  I know theres a PS and XB versions too.

From what I read it was pretty poor on the switch until recently when they released a massive update which added a load of content and fixed a lot of the issues people had with it before.

Picking it up tomorrow and am looking forward to it.

Anyone played it?
  • i love no mans sky (i have it on xbox and just bought it for switch too).

the game is massively improved from when it originally was released (and it is getting constant free updates 6 years later).

one of the best space exploration games you can play (i used to play elite dangerous a lot but since they said there would be no further updates to console i don't play it any more/or plan to tbh).

just take your time to begin with as there is a lot of stuff to get to grips with, but it is def worth it.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90