What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    God of War Day!!!!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    tFB Trader
    I love no man's sky.

I'd play it in normal mode. It's a pretty easy game.

Creative mode is a bit like a less flexible Minecraft I imagine you would be bored in a few hours.
    The core loop of the game is collecting resources so having infinite resources from the start makes the game pointless.
    Have you tried it? (creative mode)

I started the game on Normal. And it was ok... As I said, I found the mining and refining stuff kind of over the top.. My memory is not good enough to remember all of that...  I played it for about 8 hours over a couple of days, and I am glad I did as I needed to understand at least how it all works.

I then went and started a Creative mode game..  And, well maybe its just me but I find it way better this way..  I am still doing all the missions. I completed the Atlas Path one last night. But this way I dont have to bother with the fiddly stuff.. I have been at it for about 15 hours already and am loving it. I have had so much to do I havent even had time just to explore yet... Its just this way, you have everything you need. I have several freighters (which you can send off to complete tasks for you) and many ships and can do what I want all the time.. 

As said.. Maybe its just me but I am much preferring this mode...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30147
    I have finished Ghost of Tsushima. Pretty good, but one very annoying plot hole. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1063
    After finally getting around to downloading a large update, this week I have been playing Session: Skate Sim.

I am really enjoying it after reducing the difficulty from Hardcore to Default.

If you enjoyed playing Skate & prefer an open world free roam game without lots of missions to complete then I would definitely recommend checking this game out.

https://www.sessionskatesim.com/
  • i just got myself a better laptop (a reconditioned thinkpad p50) and can now play some pc games.

i just found this game on steam (i saw someone streaming it and it looked interesting to say the least especially for the price 3.99 uk  Star Explorers on Steam (steampowered.com)

it's basically like a cross between no man's sky and daggerfall and it is bloody brilliant 9especially considering the price and that it was made by one person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teV5RHvyUkQ&ab_channel=SchmidtWorkshops

so far i haven't got very far in the game as it is a bit tricky to begin with, but you can walk around your ship and star port and also land on and explore a huge amount of planets/galaxies by all accounts.

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• Finally got Breath of the Wild running well on the Steam Deck.  I've no idea why I've been so keen to get this working given that I own it on Switch but now it's working I'm glad I spent the time on it.

Through a few mods etc it's running through Cemu (WiiU emulator) at native resolution at a solid 40fps.  With the slightly larger/better screen, the increased (and consistent) frame rate and the graphic enhancements I've installed, it looks and plays better than the Switch version.

Any suggestions for other WiiU games to try?
  • RedRabbit said:
    Finally got Breath of the Wild running well on the Steam Deck.  I've no idea why I've been so keen to get this working given that I own it on Switch but now it's working I'm glad I spent the time on it.

Through a few mods etc it's running through Cemu (WiiU emulator) at native resolution at a solid 40fps.  With the slightly larger/better screen, the increased (and consistent) frame rate and the graphic enhancements I've installed, it looks and plays better than the Switch version.

Any suggestions for other WiiU games to try?
    Nes ReMix
    Twilight Princess HD
    Wind Waker HD
    Captain Toad
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7684
    Playing GoW Ragnarok. Only a few hours in and enjoying it, just seems to be the same game so far but with a few new axe mechanics.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1142
    Doing the veteran campaign on MWII - the prison break rope glitch is pissing me off
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25497
    wibble said:
    Doing the veteran campaign on MWII - the prison break rope glitch is pissing me off
    I've not tried the campaign yet.

I'm loving the Invasion mode. Playing that a lot. Also really liking the new version of the Shoot House map.

I need to do some DMZ though - my favourite AR is the M13 and I need to unlock that.

I haven't decided on the right long range sniper yet. Currently using the LB-330 a lot. I haven't got far enough to unlock the weapon tuning yet so I'll keep plugging away.

What is really annoying me - no 1 shot kills in Warzone at all! Not even with a big sniper with a headshot. In old WZ it was a real test of skill to hit a moving headshot like that, and now you have to do it twice. Doesn't matter what build either.

Damn stupid. Makes me stay in the other modes instead.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

I'm replaying Lego City Undercover. Story done, onto the stamp collecting. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Technical question, how important is HDR?

i have a slightly older 4k TV without it.

In fact what is the most important thing in a TV, refresh rate, resolution, HDR etc?

120hz screens are much more expensive.  4k HDR can be had fairly cheap.  

• Just to add, console is an Atari 2600  :)
  • In my view HDR is a much bigger leap in visual quality than the change from HD to 4K.

In my view HDR is a much bigger leap in visual quality than the change from HD to 4K.
    Yup - and the testing says this is general experience. Higher refresh rate isn't very relevant yet, I'd suggest. 
  • 4k gives you so much more screennreal estate though outside gaming 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12320
    edited November 2022
    4k gives you so much more screennreal estate though outside gaming 

On my 28” monitor i practically need a microscope to read anything though!

i have to turn it down a notch.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626

Technical question, how important is HDR?

i have a slightly older 4k TV without it.

In fact what is the most important thing in a TV, refresh rate, resolution, HDR etc?

120hz screens are much more expensive.  4k HDR can be had fairly cheap.  

On a TV I'd say 60fps is more enjoyable.

HDR is nice but not as important for me.
  • ennspek said:

On a TV I'd say 60fps is more enjoyable.

HDR is nice but not as important for me.
    Agreed. My priority order would be 60fps, then HDR, then 4K.

I don't think I've played anything at 120fps yet so not sure how much extra difference that would make. In games I'd probably rather have a solid ray-traced 60fps before worrying about anything else.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Agreed on hitting 60fps. Higher is nicer, but 60fps is a huge improvement on anything lower.

4k is good for desktop work (as someone already said), but to me it's not terribly important for moving video.