General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BOTW gets a huge thumbs down from my cousin, he managed to 100% the game in less than 2 days, though to be fair, he really likes his huge open world sandbox games, like No Mans Sky, which due to the hospital he's in being in a mobile dead zone, so he can't get any mobile reception for making or recieving calls, never ind mobile broadband.  So I've picked up Stranded Sails Explorers of the Cursed Islands and Immortals Fenyx Rising, to dop off for him when I visit him later today.
    100% are you sure? did you just take his word on it?

Did he collect all 900 Korok Seeds?
    Did he check his footsteps to make sure he went to every part of the map?
    Did he complete all 120 shrines and its puzzels?
    Did he do Master Mode?
    Did he finish the photo quest with all the photos?
    Did he get the white horse from Zelda?
    Did he do all the side quests?
    Did he figure out every recipes out there?

What he probably has done is did the 4 main dungeons and missed about 75% of the game.  You can in theory finish the game in about 30mins as well.

Being pedantic here, he beat the final boss but there is no chance he 100% it.

Yes he has, I saw it yesterday evening when I visited him in hospital, he's been in hospital for a few monhs now, the guy has nothing to do barr watch the shitty 14'' TV in the 6 person room he's in, or play his Switch.  So he's playing his Switch like it is going out of fashion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hmm that's a shame. I loved it but final boss was a killer for me. 

It was just a bit repetitive. Something I didn't feel with ds1, ds3 or bloodborne. 
    I didn't feel that, I found it immersive and incredibly unique and diverse but we experience these things individually. 

That's fair. There were great bits, and I could feel when it was great, but the in-betweens and the extra dungeons felt very much like the worst part of bloodborne - the chalice dungeons. 

But that's fine. It's an amazing game, and the mechanics are absolutely brilliant. I just didn't enjoy it in the same way as the other games. I don't really enjoy open world games, to be honest, it puts the onus of game pacing on me - and I don't like that. Perhaps my failing! 
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3128
    edited December 2022
    Been playing 'Stray' on the PC. A third 'person' game where you control a cat lost in a city in the future populated by robots.... I played every minute of this with my two daughters aged 6 and 9 watching and helping me with decisions and puzzles and it was a thoroughly good experience for us all, proper bonding stuff. Not the biggest and most challenging of games, but it has bags of charm and a good narrative, and controlling a cat is very cool.

I've also been playing Dirt Rally 2.0. I used to play Colin McCrae Rally 2 back in the day and this is the latest descendant.... a totally superb rally game, challenging but such a rush when you're driving well and tearing it up around the dirt tracks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30146
    There is absolutely no way anyone can 100% BOTW in under 48 hours. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    Absolutely.. my lad has proper 100% it and it took a fair while. I would go bed 10pm ish and he'd be playing it, up at 6am ish and he'd still be up playing it.
  • Been playing 'Stray' on the PC. A third 'person' game where you control a cat lost in a city in the future populated by robots.... I played every minute of this with my two daughters aged 6 and 9 watching and helping me with decisions and puzzles and it was a thoroughly good experience for us all, proper bonding stuff. Not the biggest and most challenging of games, but it has bags of charm and a good narrative, and controlling a cat is very cool.

Aye, Stray is fantastic!
  • Sporky said:
    Absolutely.. my lad has proper 100% it and it took a fair while. I would go bed 10pm ish and he'd be playing it, up at 6am ish and he'd still be up playing it.

Seems crazy, but there is a community. To get this speed takes a lot of dedication and practice though - I can't imagine 100 percent in two days of a first play through without a guide.

https://www.speedrun.com/botw/full_game?h=100-Original&x=xk9jv4gd-onv6v6m8.013vo7xl

A 48 hour run is top 40 in speed - get it submitted! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I should indeed have included "on their first go" in my statement. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    I should indeed have included "on their first go" in my statement. 

Context means it wasn't really needed. :) 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    BOTW gets a huge thumbs down from my cousin, he managed to 100% the game in less than 2 days, though to be fair, he really likes his huge open world sandbox games, like No Mans Sky, which due to the hospital he's in being in a mobile dead zone, so he can't get any mobile reception for making or recieving calls, never ind mobile broadband.  So I've picked up Stranded Sails Explorers of the Cursed Islands and Immortals Fenyx Rising, to dop off for him when I visit him later today.
    100% are you sure? did you just take his word on it?

Did he collect all 900 Korok Seeds?
    Did he check his footsteps to make sure he went to every part of the map?
    Did he complete all 120 shrines and its puzzels?
    Did he do Master Mode?
    Did he finish the photo quest with all the photos?
    Did he get the white horse from Zelda?
    Did he do all the side quests?
    Did he figure out every recipes out there?

What he probably has done is did the 4 main dungeons and missed about 75% of the game.  You can in theory finish the game in about 30mins as well.

Being pedantic here, he beat the final boss but there is no chance he 100% it.

Yes he has, I saw it yesterday evening when I visited him in hospital, he's been in hospital for a few monhs now, the guy has nothing to do barr watch the shitty 14'' TV in the 6 person room he's in, or play his Switch.  So he's playing his Switch like it is going out of fashion.
    Nah lol. No way. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2252
    Got my Steam Deck yesterday. I realised I don’t have any Steam Friends. I was wondering if people on the forum would be interested in adding one another? 

Also anyone up for creating a WarZone clang/team? 
    I would but I completed it. Got 100% sorry. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There's a channel where some guy 100% games before the steam refund window closes. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    edited December 2022
    There's a channel where some guy 100% games before the steam refund window closes. 
    Try it with Elden Ring... 
  • There's a channel where some guy 100% games before the steam refund window closes. 
    The thing I like about that game is you kinda get the full experience right at the beginning when you get jumped by the grafted scion.

The rest is jsut seeing the you died screen from a slightly different background.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    There's a channel where some guy 100% games before the steam refund window closes. 
    Grogg's mate already has. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    Grogg's mate already has. 
    Probably the same guy. That would make sense. 
    The thing I like about that game is you kinda get the full experience right at the beginning when you get jumped by the grafted scion.

The rest is jsut seeing the you died screen from a slightly different background.
    Exactly. The sentinels at the gates in Leyndell must have killed me 300 times. Fun times, right. Right? 

Exactly. The sentinels at the gates in Leyndell must have killed me 300 times. Fun times, right. Right? 
    I havent played it for a couple of months as got a bit frustrated..managed to take down margitt but thats about as far as i got. 

Have been playing vampire survivor this past week which is  adef change of pace where you end up murderising tens of thousands of baddies per play session. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Anyone played signalis? Looks right up my street...