General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2111
    Hell Let Loose with new Updates is becoming pretty cool....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Why is PowerWash Simulator just so damn satisfying..
  • Anyone played signalis? Looks right up my street... 

I was looking at that for my cousin, didn't get him it as I undersand it's like No Mans Sky, and requires you to be online at all times to play
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    edited December 2022
    Anyone played signalis? Looks right up my street... 

No Mans Sky, and requires you to be online at all times to play
    You can play NMS offline. 

I was looking at that for my cousin, didn't get him it as I undersand it's like No Mans Sky, and requires you to be online at all times to play

Is it? I thought it was single player and no Internet needed... 

I like games that use dreamlike logic, and signalis seems to have that in spades. I've avoided all reviews in case they spoil it but if anyone here has played and likes it I'll get it for Christmas. 

Is it? I thought it was single player and no Internet needed... 

I like games that use dreamlike logic, and signalis seems to have that in spades. I've avoided all reviews in case they spoil it but if anyone here has played and likes it I'll get it for Christmas. 

I'm not sure, I got the impression that you did from what I've read.  Though I'm hoping that my cousin is discharged  from the hospital before it is released.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2511
    Finally finished Callisto Protocol - really enjoyed it (even with the wonky and unfair mechanics). Will revisit it once the DLC drops.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2022
    FarleyUK said:
    Finally finished Callisto Protocol - really enjoyed it (even with the wonky and unfair mechanics). Will revisit it once the DLC drops.
    Finally? It's been out 5 days lol

You work fast! 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2511
    FarleyUK said:
    Finally? It's been out 5 days lol

You work fast! 
    TBF, it's not a very long game....! Most of it was done on my day off last week :) 
  • I’ve bought Red Dead 2 on sale on Steam. I had it on PS4 but didn’t get too far. Like many other players I found it a bit clunky but I’m a open world fan so need to give it another go. I’ve never liked the locked in mission system in Rockstar games though. Especially as you can’t save during playing them. Seems counter to the open work free roam thing to me. 

I’m going to try it on my steam deck too.
  • I’ve bought Red Dead 2 on sale on Steam. I had it on PS4 but didn’t get too far. Like many other players I found it a bit clunky but I’m a open world fan so need to give it another go. I’ve never liked the locked in mission system in Rockstar games though. Especially as you can’t save during playing them. Seems counter to the open work free roam thing to me. 

I’m going to try it on my steam deck too.
    It works reasonably well on Steam Deck.  Think I've got it running on low settings at 720p and locked at 40fps.  Might be able to get higher frame rates using FRS but I'm happy with it at 40fps so I've not tried it.

• I’m back on Forza Horizon 4.  I prefer it to 5 and the Series X version looks great.  
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30146
    I'm on Lego Star wars The Skywalker Thingy.

Actually both some lovely familiarity, and moving the Lego games thing on. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'm still being bored stiff by God of War 2.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• I’m back on Forza Horizon 4.  I prefer it to 5 and the Series X version looks great.  
    I prefer it to 5 too. I much prefer the stronger differential in the seasons, and the map is much more interesting. I just wish it was bigger. 

• Caved and got the new cod. Multiplayer is excellent.

But... Ground war is not. It's like it doesn't fully render or the draw distance is short. I assume it's better on ps5... 

I prefer it to 5 too. I much prefer the stronger differential in the seasons, and the map is much more interesting. I just wish it was bigger. 
    Yeah agree on the weather.  That sunshine whiles raining really captures the Lakes.  The ice / snow is great too.  Is a bit limited in scale compared to 5.
    Caved and got the new cod. Multiplayer is excellent.

But... Ground war is not. It's like it doesn't fully render or the draw distance is short. I assume it's better on ps5... 
    Let's play? 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    I'm still being bored stiff by God of War 2.
    Do you mean Ragnarok? I'm not thrilled with it either, it just seems like the same game but you can chuck your axe at more stuff than before. 
  • Gravity Rider Zero, honestly wasn't expecting anything from it as I only bought for £0.89 off the Nintendo eShop to round up my main purchase - Castlevania Advance, to a tenner.  It's bloody brilliant, it's basically a Nintendo version of the Xbox game Trails, a physics based ''racing'' games where you have to navigate obstacles both without falling off of your vehicle - there are more than just bikes to race with, within time limits, and against other racers to come in 1st place.