General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    DefaultM said:
    I'm still being bored stiff by God of War 2.
    Do you mean Ragnarok? I'm not thrilled with it either, it just seems like the same game but you can chuck your axe at more stuff than before. 
    Yea. I spent like an hour riding around on a geriatric yak. Then I walked around a forest for another 2 hours. It's the highest scoring game ever or something and I'm like, ZZZZZzzzzzz. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Finally beat the heart in Slay the Spire.

I say finally but it was actually my first time facing it.  The parts that took so long were first realising that I needed to beat act 3 as the Ironclad, the Silence and the Defect and then actually beating act 3 as the Defect. 

I'd spent hours trying to grind through ascension levels as both the Ironclad and the Silence (both on level 5 at the moment) before the first realisation hit.  Then spend even more hours trying to get to grips with the Defect enough to beat act 3.  

Though the Heart was a tough fight it wasn't as hard as learning to play as the Defect.
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2252
    **WARZONE SQUAD MEMBERS WANTED** 

Seeing if we can pull together a Fretboard WarZone squad. We have 3 currently. The more the merrier. 

DM me if you want to get involved. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    edited December 2022
    Oooh, is that cross-platform play? I’m on PS5 either way @Barnezy

I’ve not done an FPS in ages so I’d be hideously put of practice, but I used to love the group nights on MW1 and KZ2 that we ran here many, many, many moons ago!

*edit* PSN: sclarke_62
    All we keep saying to each other is 'I suck don't expect much'. I think we all suck and none of us expect much :lol:

PM sent. 
  • All we keep saying to each other is 'I suck don't expect much'. I think we all suck and none of us expect much :lol:

PM sent. 
    The thing is, I suck so don't expect much. 

:) 

Looking forward to getting trounced by sweats! 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Man, Vampire Survivor is addictive.

what are people’s favourite weapon/build?

I find myself getting the garlic protection whenever possible, then I find the bible ring and the flying birds really useful.

started off with the whip but when things gets touch….it’s not very good.

highest level so far is about lvl 52.
    edited December 2022
    I've been playing that too and it is good. I like the double whip, the fire wand, the double knife and extra movement speed! 
    I made it to lvl111 !!!

I got max Garlic, and with the combined birds thing and a few projectile pieces and also the bible.  I thought i was invincible as nothing could get inside my circle then….what looks like death himself comes right inside the boundary and slays me…

What the heck?
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3451
    edited December 2022
    Barnezy said:

Seeing if we can pull together a Fretboard WarZone squad. We have 3 currently. The more the merrier. 

We need a uber serious competitive 50cc Super Mario Kart league, for the pro players amongst us, who want some serious hardcore and high stakes gaming.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1091
    edited December 2022
    Whip is better than garlic on Vampire Survivors. Garlic is great early game but falls off later on. Even evolved it’s just not worth the slot imo. 

Whip. Bible. Birds are all brilliant. Duplicator and empty tome are great to boost them. 

You’re gonna want clock lancet to beat death. Evolved. And evolved laurel to nullify his massive damage. Be aware death scales up with your level though. He’s a right dickhead. 
    edited December 2022
    Whip is better than garlic on Vampire Survivors. Garlic is great early game but falls off later on. Even evolved it’s just not worth the slot imo. 

Whip. Bible. Birds are all brilliant. Duplicator and empty tome are great to boost them. 

You’re gonna want clock lancet to beat death. Evolved. And evolved laurel to nullify his massive damage. Be aware death scales up with your level though. He’s a right dickhead. 
    I haven't got the Whip pass lvl 3, but it feels like it only goes 2 direction, which to me feel restrictive when things gets going?

This is why so far I prefer projectile type weapons.  Or is my logic wrong?
  • Whip is better than garlic on Vampire Survivors. Garlic is great early game but falls off later on. Even evolved it’s just not worth the slot imo. 

I haven't got the Whip pass lvl 3, but it feels like it only goes 2 direction, which to me feel restrictive when things gets going?

This is why so far I prefer projectile type weapons.  Or is my logo wrong?
    Whip yeah mostly just goes left and right but at later levels also up a bit. Evolved form actually heals on critical hits as well so it’s sorta similar to garlic evolved but does much more damage. It evolves with hollow heart so you’ll have a bigger health pool as well. Augment it more with area up item though and the range and size can be big enough to wipe stuff out below as well really. 

Evolved axe is amazing. 

Song of mana is another favourite if you’ve got that… 
    most stuff is viable tbh as long as you build around it correctly. I used garlic a lot early on. Just walking through the early waves wrecking everything is very fun. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25496
    Barnezy said:

I might be up for that.

I play on PC - with a controller.

I never play WZ normally - just the other MP options.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

Whip yeah mostly just goes left and right but at later levels also up a bit. Evolved form actually heals on critical hits as well so it’s sorta similar to garlic evolved but does much more damage. It evolves with hollow heart so you’ll have a bigger health pool as well. Augment it more with area up item though and the range and size can be big enough to wipe stuff out below as well really. 

Evolved axe is amazing. 

most stuff is viable tbh as long as you build around it correctly. I used garlic a lot early on. Just walking through the early waves wrecking everything is very fun. 
    I did Youtube last night on this Death guy and the guy made a build around the Holy Water and the Clock Lancet.  That wasn't the interesting part, the interesting part is he went into menus and did some card trading stuff....

No idea what that was....I've only really discovered you can buy power ups and also unlock new characters.  Can you do more than that?
  • Whip is better than garlic on Vampire Survivors. Garlic is great early game but falls off later on. Even evolved it’s just not worth the slot imo. 

Evolved axe is amazing. 

I did Youtube last night on this Death guy and the guy made a build around the Holy Water and the Clock Lancet.  That wasn't the interesting part, the interesting part is he went into menus and did some card trading stuff....

No idea what that was....I've only really discovered you can buy power ups and also unlock new characters.  Can you do more than that?
    The card arcana you unlock by picking up some item in one of the stages.. I can’t remember which off the top of my head. Then you have to unlock more cards as you play. They offer nice bonuses as well as some debuffs. Can make some interesting builds using them though. 

Totally forgot about Santa water! Also bloody brilliant. 

There’s more pickups and weapons unlocked as you beat certain requirements and find secrets. As well as loads of characters. I’m still unlocking some and I’ve played so much. There’s actually some dlc coming out for it soon with more new weapons and a new stage. Can’t wait! 
    Garlic seems OP!!!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Early on garlic is greatness. So so satisfying just walking through the hordes killing everything. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2511
    Barnezy said:

I have it on PS5. I've not done MP stuff for a very, very long time, and also pretty restricted with my availability - but if there's space for an occasional drop in / out person, I could be interested!
    Garlic seems OP!!!!
    @punchesjudy is right.  I just tried the Santa Water, and that is much more potent once upgraded.  The difference is that the Santa water has a much larger area and it keeps the enemies much further away, giving you more breathing room.  They seem scattered and random at the start but after a few upgrades they become a barrier.  Although i must be missing some special card or something because I couldn't upgrade it to what i saw in the YouTube video, must be an evolved version.

The Garlic seems ideal at the start since it's solid shield but it's too "thin" and those things that give you chests can get through easily.

p.s. the Axe seems good, it cuts through everything when dropped, as is the bone, that bounces around.  This last run I was able to get to like the 25 min mark pretty much with half the screen empty due to the massive protective boundary all the projectile and the santa water was making.

Death still killed me immediately though.