General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Dannic said:
    Tried the new Ps5 software update with the added  Dolby Atmos feature. Not sure how it works on all my games but I’ve got an Atmos capable tv so noticed the benefit on at least sniper elite 5 and sniper contracts 2. 
    Adds spacial sounds like rustling leaves and footsteps around the room which adds to the tension when creeping around. 
    Ooooh, I have an Atmos AVR....will update and boot up something shooty  and find out!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Dannic - ooh, I'll check that out this eve! I play a lot of stealthy/immersive games, so that'll help somewhat :)
  • DannicDannic Frets: 49
    Re- Ps5 Atmos update. Be aware you have to go into settings -sounds etc and change to new Dolby Atmos option. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Autumn Steam Sale!!!!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30130
    I finally bought Cyberpunk.

Half price at Epic and Steam, but Epic also have a 33% off voucher. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    The BTTF  DLC for Power Washer Simulator is, thus far, as excellent as I'd hoped. 
    edited November 2023
    Sporky said:
    I finally bought Cyberpunk.

Half price at Epic and Steam, but Epic also have a 33% off voucher. 
    Do you then need the Epic store loader thingie for the Steam Deck?

I'm wondering what to buy from the sale that plays well on the Deck. I was thinking Cyberpunk or RDR2, but it's gonna be stuck at 30 FPS.
    Dunno. Lady BMcH has the Steam Deck - I'm a bit too long-sighted for it.
  • You can use Heroic launcher for the Epic games on Steam Deck.  Takes a bit of fiddling to get it working from what I remember but it's probably game dependant.

I think Heroic also works for Battle.net and GoG (and probably others as well).
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    I've finished the story of Mario Wonder. Is it worth going and getting all the purple coins and seeds? 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3167
    I've just started playing Titanfall 2 again. I forgot just how good the main campaign storyline is, certainly kept my interest all the way through. Online multiplayer is pretty decent too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I feel titanfall both 1&2 were massively underated. I loved 2.

Just started fallout 4 again after feeling so dejected by Starfield. Forgot how good that game is too.
  • ^ I’m still on my FO4 playthrough, started over a year ago and haven’t finished yet! I was trying for 100% but you can’t do that in a single run, so instead I’m just clearing off all of the side-quests and DLC first - it’ll be nice to finally finish the campaign though.

Have any of you bought a PS Portal yet? I suspect I’d use that quite a bit more than my Switch.
    edited November 2023
    The Portal looks like a nice device but I have no idea when I'd ever use it. If I'm at home I'd just turn my PS5 on, and having the required connection away from home would be very rare. I have PS Remote set up on my Steam Deck and I rarely use it, and it has issues with the streaming and it's a much better device than this overall with more portability. 

For a portable device you really are kind of tethered to your home. It should have been a new Vita where you could play your bought games anywhere. 
    Am I understanding PS Portal right, in that there's no Bluetooth so if you want sound you need to buy Sony Pulse Earbuds that are £200?
    DefaultM said:
    Am I understanding PS Portal right, in that there's no Bluetooth so if you want sound you need to buy Sony Pulse Earbuds that are £200?
    Yea. No Bluetooth... 
    Big miss on that one for me. Like it's aimed at people who still want to play PS5 when their partner is watching Coronation Street or something. I thought it was gonna be a new Vita.
    DefaultM said:
    Big miss on that one for me. Like it's aimed at people who still want to play PS5 when their partner is watching Coronation Street or something. I thought it was gonna be a new Vita.
    You can't do anything else with the PS5 while it's on. Whatever is on the screen will just be streamed to the Portal. So yea, you could change the input to Sky or whatever and watch something else but you can't use the PS5 for something else. Also I don't think you can stream Netflix or YouTube etc. 
    Yeah so the only use I can think is your partner has got sick of it being on the TV, they switch over to The Chase and you carry on playing.
     Or maybe playing in bed, unless you'd have to walk downstairs again to turn the actual machine off.
  • ^ All of the above work for me, I just want a remote screen to play the PS5 when the living room's in-use without me moving the PS5 itself! :mrgreen: 

I don't know why I'd use the PS5 for media anyway (bluray/4k aside), as all of those features are already native on my tv.