General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2250
    Absolutely fine. 

This is it in my office, the other side of the house to where the PS5 is. 
    https://imgur.com/gallery/KNb2qiz

There are a few things you can do to make sure it’s optimised. 
    - put the game in performance mode. 
    - change the PS5 resolution to 1080p and 60hz, when using it. 
    - apparently it you unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the PS5, this also improves it , as it’s then not transmitting it. I’m sure Sony will issue a SW update to automate this. 

Personally I don’t do any of these things as I don’t feel the need to. I think a lot of people who have issues with streaming, have poor WiFi networks.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    edited December 2023
    Hmm, trying some of this stuff with the Steam Deck and it's not made a difference. Laggy visuals and audio. Could be the WiFi router I have but I don't really trust it to stream really well for me.

Great it's working for you tho. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Get yourself one of these

TP-Link Next-Gen Wi-Fi 6 AX3000 Mbps Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Router, OneMesh™ Supported, 1× USB 3.0 Port, Ideal for Gaming Xbox/PS4/Steam and 8K, Compatible with Alexa (Archer AX55) https://amzn.eu/d/ezwAkvU

And as many of these as you need to cover your house.

TP-Link AX3000 Dual Band Wi-Fi 6 Range Extender, Broadband Wi-Fi Booster/Hotspot with 1 Gigabit Port, 160 MHz Channels, Built-In Access Point Mode, Easy Setup, UK Plug (RE700X) https://amzn.eu/d/9mJovfO

Really good kit at a decent price and a great app. You’ll be able to give your SteamDeck QoS on the network. Will solve the lag issue. 

Don’t expect to play multiplayer games WarZone over streaming though, that is a long way off yet. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks mate. I did read I needed to upgrade the router but I wasn't sure what one to get.

If you are recommending this I'll give it a go. 
    edited December 2023
    This is a great review and test of the portal. Tests it outside the home. Very good. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Those of you who have played the latest Zelda (tears if the kingdom) would you say suitable for an 8 yo? Wife has seen it is pegi 12 and concerned but as far as I can tell it's just mild violence with no blood and certainly wouldn't warrant a 12 if it was a film. Also breath of the wild seems to have a lower rating bit is broadly similar to why did tears get a 12?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    Those of you who have played the latest Zelda (tears if the kingdom) would you say suitable for an 8 yo? Wife has seen it is pegi 12 and concerned but as far as I can tell it's just mild violence with no blood and certainly wouldn't warrant a 12 if it was a film. Also breath of the wild seems to have a lower rating bit is broadly similar to why did tears get a 12?

Yeah it's fine.

Only thing to mention is my kids don't play it because they find it too hard.(they've completed mario etc)
  • That did also cross my mind but he's really wanting to put it on his Xmas list because one of his friends at school is playing it (and tbh I wouldn't mind giving it a try either given I haven't played anything in the series since ocarina of time)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    tFB Trader

Yeah, I don't blink about letting my kids (even the 5 year old) play 12 rated games usually because basically if you can hit someone then it's a 12 so even cartoon things like Super Smash get that rating. 

Generally games are much stricter than films. Even my 10 year old is not OK with a lot of 12 rated films and I would always vet them before letting them watch, but games are totally different.

It's generally 16 rating + that I ban from my kids 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Trying to find a second hand Switch is so frustrating. Had some on marketplace I message about and get positive responses from - only for them to sell it to someone else who contacted them after I did but can collect a day earlier FFS. 
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1655
    joneve said:
    Trying to find a second hand Switch is so frustrating. Had some on marketplace I message about and get positive responses from - only for them to sell it to someone else who contacted them after I did but can collect a day earlier FFS. 
    I've one, near on new, I'll look it out and look at prices. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    nero1701 said:
    joneve said:
    I've one, near on new, I'll look it out and look at prices. 
    Was looking for a lite, ideally (due to budget), but will definitely listen to other options if price is right, so just message me with details if you get a chance :) 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    edited December 2023
    Wuffden did a review and the Portal performs worse than the app.

i think I would just use the app with my iPad and my current PS5 controller.  It performs better, and cost nothing.

Retro Game Corp did a review of a backbone competitor and he says it’s better and cheaper too.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well it certainly looks pretty. And playing a girl will piss off the knuckleheads, which is always nice

But 2025 probably means 2026....
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Yea!!! Let's go!!! 
    edited December 2023
    2025 FFS. 

Oh well, gives me enough time to save the pennies for a PS5. 

In other news - looking promising that I've bagged a used Switch lite for £75 from a local-ish chap. Pick up tomorrow. Was a bit shocked to see that BOTW is still mega expensive to buy. Seems switch games don't lose their value like PS and Xbox games. for fucksake :D 
    tFB Trader
    joneve said:
    2025 FFS. 

In other news - looking promising that I've bagged a used Switch lite for £75 from a local-ish chap. Pick up tomorrow. Was a bit shocked to see that BOTW is still mega expensive to buy. Seems switch games don't lose their value like PS and Xbox games. for fucksake :D 

I saw a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii U in CEX for £70 the other day!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    joneve said:
    2025 FFS. 

I saw a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii U in CEX for £70 the other day!
    Sweet christ!