General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• I just downloaded Baldurs Gate 3 on my xbox as it became available. 
    That'll be me sorted for next few weeks. 
    I remember couple of you rating it highly here - hopefully it wasn't just novelty of it. 
    Starfield on the other hand - I liked it but lost interest one day and now it's been weeks since I played it last time... hope it won't be the case with BG3.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    I just downloaded Baldurs Gate 3 on my xbox as it became available. 
    That'll be me sorted for next few weeks. 
    I remember couple of you rating it highly here - hopefully it wasn't just novelty of it. 
    Starfield on the other hand - I liked it but lost interest one day and now it's been weeks since I played it last time... hope it won't be the case with BG3.
    Excellent game, I am not really a fan of the turn based combat but it is the story that draws you in, even though in the combat...if you can think of it, it will most likely work.

Like for example, to use a potion, if you throw it at someone and it makes a splash, it will apply to everyone who gets hit from that splash, rather than "use it" just on 1 character.  It also does the same if an enemy gets hits by the same splash.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2494
    After two years since completing BOTW main quest, I’ve loaded it back up to find the remaining shrines. They’re well hidden though – it took me a couple of hours to find one! Despite that I forgot just how beautiful and a relaxing game it is. Looking forward to TOTK now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30126
    I started Cyberpunk 2077.

The "press x to skip" in the corner of every conversation is enormously irritating and immersion-breaking, and the tutorial didn't mention how to change weapons. It wasn't even clear how to change weapons from the control scheme page.

Thus far I am flummoxed by the rave reviews. It seems derivative, linear, and generally mediocre. There's even a shooting-on-rails segment. Hopefully it'll pick up.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    And why is it such a stupidly drawn-out process to start the game?

Double-click the icon.

Click "play" on the next screen.

Wait for the glitchy animation to end, then the splash screen telling you all the stuff they used to make it, then the bit about how it's really fine whatever they did because art, then the bit about epilepsy, then there's another intro video that tells you to press enter, only then it says to press the hamburger button. Then another splash screen but you have to press A this time, then you choose "continue" but next there's someone on telly and you have to press B, then finally the game begins. Why is it a different button each time?

Also boobs. Everywhere. I like boobs, but I am already well aware that women have them. Women also usually have clothes, but not in Cyberpunk, because it's edgy. Which seems to be code for "made by 14 year old boys". Character creator? Entirely topless, because EDGY BOOBS. Three BOOB sizes to choose from, and I think nine different nipples. NIPPLES ARE HATS FOR BOOBS! BOOBS ARE ART. Oh, and then - in case you'd forgotten they exist - there's more BOOBS on prominent show in each and every mission. I'm a little surprised they didn't include another screen you have to click through that's nothing but jiggling BOOBS, and I assume there are cybernetic BOOBGUNS later.

Also to further push boob (sorry, meant to write "home") how EDGY it is, the game is now making me go to bed. Because in the open-world immersive dystopian future BEDTIME IS IMPORTANT.

BOOBS.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 759
    Sporky said:
    And why is it such a stupidly drawn-out process to start the game?

Double-click the icon.

Click "play" on the next screen.

Wait for the glitchy animation to end, then the splash screen telling you all the stuff they used to make it, then the bit about how it's really fine whatever they did because art, then the bit about epilepsy, then there's another intro video that tells you to press enter, only then it says to press the hamburger button. Then another splash screen but you have to press A this time, then you choose "continue" but next there's someone on telly and you have to press B, then finally the game begins. Why is it a different button each time?

Also boobs. Everywhere. I like boobs, but I am already well aware that women have them. Women also usually have clothes, but not in Cyberpunk, because it's edgy. Which seems to be code for "made by 14 year old boys". Character creator? Entirely topless, because EDGY BOOBS. Three BOOB sizes to choose from, and I think nine different nipples. NIPPLES ARE HATS FOR BOOBS! BOOBS ARE ART. Oh, and then - in case you'd forgotten they exist - there's more BOOBS on prominent show in each and every mission. I'm a little surprised they didn't include another screen you have to click through that's nothing but jiggling BOOBS, and I assume there are cybernetic BOOBGUNS later.

Also to further push boob (sorry, meant to write "home") how EDGY it is, the game is now making me go to bed. Because in the open-world immersive dystopian future BEDTIME IS IMPORTANT.

BOOBS.
    Were there boobs in it? Missed that completely. 
    There’s boobs in character creation, and when you change clothing, also some storylines like Meredith Panam or Judy.  Or visit any of the prostitutes.

Although you could skip the Meredith and Judy storyline quite easily by choosing the wrong option or gender.  
  • There’s boobs in character creation, and when you change clothing, also some storylines like Meredith Panam or Judy.  Or visit any of the prostitutes.

Although you could skip the Meredith and Judy storyline quite easily by choosing the wrong option or gender.  
    Pretty sure that Meredith and Judy appear irrespective of your character's sex.

...which is good, because no Judy would be a travesty.
    There’s boobs in character creation, and when you change clothing, also some storylines like Meredith Panam or Judy.  Or visit any of the prostitutes.

Pretty sure that Meredith and Judy appear irrespective of your character's sex.

...which is good, because no Judy would be a travesty.
    When I played, you can only romance Judy if you are female.
    The graphics are rather good though. And I'm not far in, so I will keep going - I think there's probably a decent game under the crap interface (assign a grenade to your quick-use key - but we won't tell you how!) (oh, and it turns out you've already got grenades assigned, sorry, we forgot we'd done that).

In brighter news, the free Christmas DLC for Power Washer Simulator was very good.
  • I bloody loved Cyberpunk and I played it when it was apparently broken shite. 
    It felt like a long lost 360 rpg.. I mean that in a good way. Games were better then. 
  • If it helps at all I’m playing Death Stranding. No overt boobage so far but it’s possibly even more opaque and nonsensical than MGSV which is really going something 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I should give Dwath Stranding another go. I got fed up of ten minutes of walking followed by twenty minutes of people crying in cutscenes. Then ten minutes to creep fifteen metres without dying. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    I found Cyberpunk quite flawed too, and that's without the bugs. How are we all enjoying RDR2? 
  • Nintendo currently have a huge sale going on in the Nintendo store, some games have 95% off, and the games that are on special rotate, so Rayman is currently on sale for the next I think 10 days, after that another game will take it's place in the sale.
    I found Cyberpunk quite flawed too, and that's without the bugs. How are we all enjoying RDR2? 
    I forgot I was playing it! 

Console-wise, I'm replaying Watchdogs 2. Not as good as the first, but certainly not as bad as the third.
  • If you have a spare 4 quid, I highly recommend getting Spirit of the North for the Switch, absolutely brilliant, and extremely relaxing to play, well worth every penny.
  • I found Cyberpunk quite flawed too, and that's without the bugs. How are we all enjoying RDR2?
    I'm enjoying it more than I have previously.  I still think the controls are often unnecessarily confusing (action button changing depending on what you are trying to do, long presses for no apparently good reason) but it's not annoying me as much as it used to 

Also pleasantly surprised by how well it performs on Stream Deck now too.  I'm getting a pretty solid 45fps at 720p and a mix of medium and low settings but with textures set to high.
  • Sporky said:
    I should give Dwath Stranding another go. I got fed up of ten minutes of walking followed by twenty minutes of people crying in cutscenes. Then ten minutes to creep fifteen metres without dying. 
    Yeah it's strange (to put it lightly..!) but quite compelling, despite apparently being literally just one big set of fetch quests and not even hiding it?! 

Reminds me of Katamari Damacy in a weird way. You just totter around picking up shit and trying not to drop anything, and nothing else about it makes narrative sense at all. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    RedRabbit said:
    I'm enjoying it more than I have previously.  I still think the controls are often unnecessarily confusing (action button changing depending on what you are trying to do, long presses for no apparently good reason) but it's not annoying me as much as it used to 

Also pleasantly surprised by how well it performs on Stream Deck now too.  I'm getting a pretty solid 45fps at 720p and a mix of medium and low settings but with textures set to high.
    A lot of my issues were actually with the story and some glaring plot holes etc. Couple that with the NPCs doing some weird stuff and my car randomly blowing up or driving into oblivion I just abandoned it. I doubt I'll revisit it tbh unless it was like a tenner on Steam.