General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• @PolarityMan Rocket League is absolutely brilliant. The simplest concept just done really well. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699

I've just completed Shadow of the Tomb Raider on the Xbox, which was great.  Perhaps not quite as good as Rise of the Tomb Raider, but good none-the-less.

Now onto mobile gaming as I have a new Ipad Air.  I've downloaded Rush Rally 3 which is very good, also Grid Autosport which I had for the iphone.

So any recommendations for ios games?  would like something to replace Tomb Raider, so 1st or 3rd person adventure and really anything that can make the most of the Air.

I'll try Oceanhorn 2 as I have 3 months of Apple Arcade but it's probably a bit too cartoony for my liking (one of the reasons I don't make good enough use of the Switch)
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Cyberpunk on PS4 v1.06!
    Finishing off the Mordor title from PS+ last month (I think) before starting on the Tomb Raider from this month.
    Tempted by Another World on sale at the moment. Anyone played it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    So some friends persuaded me to download start playing fortnite. We now play most nights. Im not surprised kids got addicted! Haha. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    All about Hades at the moment

My daughter got 3D all stars for Christmas, but I've not even touched it yet!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    Gah, I knew there was a more up to date thread but couldn’t find it. As I said elsewhere....

Ghost of Tsushima. I held off getting it for PS4 because I wanted a new TV and didn't have enough time to enjoy it. It's stunning. 

I haven't finished yet, but definitely will - and may even 100% it, which I never do. I'm part way through Act 3 now. I still haven't got over the end of Act 2. No spoilers, but genuine feels in the last hour of 2020, no less.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Still playing slay the spire, with some bloodborne thrown in.

Might try Hades at some point. 

Also fancy nightmare reaper but don't often game on the pc. 
    I loved Bloodborne. Never got on with the other Souls stuff though.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2398
    Just completed Gears of War 5. 

Never got into the other games in the series, but this one hooked me. Loved it - very recommended!

Now back to AC Valhalla...
  • All about Hades at the moment

I played the pre-release build but it didn't grab me like the other titles they made did. Bastion on particular  is freakimg amazing.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I have only tried it once with randos but a fretboard among us night might be quite fun.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    edited January 2021
    Finally got around to finishing Red Dead Redemption 2 over Christmas. (Had a 12 month break in the middle). Now Ive finished it I wish I'd spent more time doing the side missions and other stuff. Its such a massive game that I thought I'd never finish it and just rushed through to get the story completed .  Its cool that you can continue playing after the story has ended though, Tempted to go back and play it again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4699
    Gah, I knew there was a more up to date thread but couldn’t find it. As I said elsewhere....

Ghost of Tsushima. I held off getting it for PS4 because I wanted a new TV and didn't have enough time to enjoy it. It's stunning. 

I haven't finished yet, but definitely will - and may even 100% it, which I never do. I'm part way through Act 3 now. I still haven't got over the end of Act 2. No spoilers, but genuine feels in the last hour of 2020, no less.
    That looks good.  Tempted to get a PS4 myself for that and the unchartered series.  Possibly Shadow of the Colossus as well.    
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    bobblehat said:
    Finally got around to finishing Red Dead Redemption 2 over Christmas. (Had a 12 month break in the middle). Now Ive finished it I wish I'd spent more time doing the side missions and other stuff. Its such a massive game that I thought I'd never finish it and just rushed through to get the story completed .  Its cool that you can continue playing after the story has ended though, Tempted to go back and play it again.

Such a well written story, voice acting is done well and some genuine touching moments in it. Brilliant game.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4133
    edited January 2021
    ennspek said:
    Cyberpunk on PS4 v1.06!
    Neat, I’ll give that a try later - it’s running reasonably stable on my PS4 Pro now but the game still feels a little basic to me. The story’s good though, but not worth the hype as yet.
    ennspek said:
    Cyberpunk on PS4 v1.06!
    Neat, I’ll give that a try later - it’s running reasonably stable on my PS4 Pro now but the game still feels a little basic to me. The story’s good though, but not worth the hype as yet.
    Save often. It crashes every hour or so, even now. I really wish it was the game it could be.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Started the Last of Us Part 2 the other night, coming in straight from TLoU remastered, so the story/slightly ropey inventory are still fresh in my mind. Got a couple of hours in and I am really enjoying it!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    All about Hades at the moment

I played the pre-release build but it didn't grab me like the other titles they made did. Bastion on particular  is freakimg amazing.

It's worth giving it another go.

I think it's one of those games where the polish and balance is one of the things that makes it great.
  • All about Hades at the moment

It's worth giving it another go.

I think it's one of those games where the polish and balance is one of the things that makes it great.
    The soundtracks and general feel of all their games are always really good too..always has that kind of slightly wistful vibe. I actually play the bastion soundtrack on the sonos fairly often :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ennspek said:
    ennspek said:
    Cyberpunk on PS4 v1.06!
    Save often. It crashes every hour or so, even now. I really wish it was the game it could be.
    I'm about 14 hours in and it's crashed three times - not great, but not awful!