General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    edited January 2020
    Mostly playing MK8 Deluxe on the Switch as that's what the kids got for Christmas.

Me too, amazing fun in split screen! On PS4 I am playing Modern Warfare campaign and will pick up Mortal Kombat 11 in the sales.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    I got The Witcher 3 for Switch for Xmas so I'm playing that at the moment.  Enjoying it so far but I've not had much chance to pick it up so I'm not very far in.  This one could take a while.
  • Tried the new cod and the strict skill based match making put me off. Save that shit for ranked play... So I decided against buying (played at friends). 

Currently playing deus ex mankind divided. It's brilliant. 

Also playing diablo 2 on pc. Also brilliant. Maybe best game ever?
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    I downloaded Ultima Online over Christmas for a bit of nostalgia. I bloody loved it at the time... to the point of addiction. It’s still quite playable. It’s a bit ugly though.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2433
    I got Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3 for Christmas so have been enjoying both of those. 

I've never played the Witcher so quite tempted but I've enough games at the moment and I'm sure it'll be on sale again.

If Cadence of Hyrule goes on sale I'll likely pick that up too as something completely different
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • MattWMattW Frets: 80
    Also really liking Titanfall 2 from this batch of PS Plus freebies. I've been out of the FPS thing for a few years but the campaign is refreshingly much better than I'd expected. 
    TF2 came out the weekend between Battlefield and COD releases iirc and quietly sunk between the hype of the other 2 which is a shame as it kicks the knackers off both. 

Just finished Outer Worlds before Xmas and picked up the latest God of War in the sales but not even had time to load it up yet. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbit said:
    I got The Witcher 3 for Switch for Xmas so I'm playing that at the moment.  Enjoying it so far but I've not had much chance to pick it up so I'm not very far in.  This one could take a while.
    Hey me too, only played about 3 hours so far but liking it much more than witcher 1 which i played years agop on PC
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17597
    tFB Trader
    Mostly playing MK8 Deluxe on the Switch as that's what the kids got for Christmas.

Anyone played BaBa is you?

Super devious puzzle game. Haunts your dreams.
    I’ve seen plenty written about it but not sure I can get my head around it after a day of brain-thinking at work. Is it simple enough my tired head might have a chance?

It starts off fine then gets quite brutal
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26942
    MattW said:
    Also really liking Titanfall 2 from this batch of PS Plus freebies. I've been out of the FPS thing for a few years but the campaign is refreshingly much better than I'd expected. 
    TF2 came out the weekend between Battlefield and COD releases iirc and quietly sunk between the hype of the other 2 which is a shame as it kicks the knackers off both. 

Just finished Outer Worlds before Xmas and picked up the latest God of War in the sales but not even had time to load it up yet. 
    Yeah, I figured. It’s by Respawn, who iirc are the ex-Infinity Ward guys who made COD4 what it was, which explains a lot. 

I finished the campaign last night, which did descend into traditional space marine tropes towards the end but still fun. Multiplayer seemed fun and actually nowhere near as laggy as COD, but sadly I don’t have anywhere near the amount of free time needed to get good enough to really enjoy it. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    .Darryl_Morris said:
    With me it's the Warhammer: Total War games and has been for over a year now. I even sold my Xbox One, because I was barely ever switching it on once I'd finished Red Dead Redemption 2.
    I've just finished the vortex campaign on this, been going for a while..

Just started Vermintide 2. It's like l4d but with clobbering sticks :)
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Got a Switch with Zelda Breath Of The Wild for Christmas, so am just starting out on that

Also got Witcher 3 GOTY for PS4, but the first 15 minutes of the game spoiled the entire TV series I had just started watching so I put that down again in a huff

Frankly my queue of games is ridiculous and I'd need to retire and disown my family to find the time to get on top of what I already own
    All practice and no theory
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2408
    dafuzz said:
    Got a Switch with Zelda Breath Of The Wild for Christmas, so am just starting out on that

Also got Witcher 3 GOTY for PS4, but the first 15 minutes of the game spoiled the entire TV series I had just started watching so I put that down again in a huff

Frankly my queue of games is ridiculous and I'd need to retire and disown my family to find the time to get on top of what I already own

dafuzz said:

BOTW is truly stunning. You’ll love it. I’ve yet to complete the side quests and all of the shrines – there’s so much to do. The cut scenes are beautiful too. 

As for having a queue of games, you’re not alone. I’ve often had similar thoughts : I could either live a responsible adult life, or I could hand it over to the shedload of games I have to get through... God of War for PS4 next. I can’t wait!
  • I'm thoroughly hooked on Jedi: Fallen Order. The gameplay is great, a nice mix of Uncharted/modern Tomb Raider adventure-type puzzles and maps, with decent action and story to boot!
    edited January 2020
    Oh I have GOW too! Got a couple of hours in, then restarted after I got a new telly, then restarted again after a couple of weeks' break intending to smash it properly over Christmas. And then I got Zelda... which I am loving btw

Great game (GOW) though, will definitely get back on it when I can
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4131
    edited March 2020
    Hi all, 

Given the forced isolation at the moment I thought it might be as good a time as any to try and dust off the old tFB/MR gaming nights that we used to do years ago to help keep your social lives burning

Feel free to add me on PSN via "sclarke_62", I've setup a community there that I'll then invite you to.

Suggested games:
    • CoD Modern Warfare 
    • Red Dead Redemption 2
    • GTA:V
    • Rocket League
    • Others...?

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Modern Warfare and Rocket League for me!

• Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625
    Have stolen my son's PS4 for this period of lockdown and bought Unchartered 4 and The Last of Us, should keep me entertained for a while, been ages since I've had time to lose gaming.
    Found Journey and Flower listed for FREE on PSN yesterday for PS4 - although might be cos I own them for PS3 already. Had a go on both and they're just as dreamy as I remember them

Tbh I need something a bit more hectic to cure my general feeling of listlessness atm, so will stick GoW or Witcher 3 back on after this coffee!
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4131
    @dafuzz doesn’t seem to be free for me (I already have Journey though) but the collection of Journey, Flow, and Flower are on offer for £3.99 - great games!

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP9000-CUSA02172_00-JOURNEYCOLHD0001

@d8m - good shout, I forgot Rocket League!
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2408
    Well, suffice to say, I instantly regret selling my Switch. Especially now that it's looking like we'll be condemned to stay indoors and that Switches have sold out everywhere.  :s