General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Completed bloodstained. 99.8% of the map... Not bad.

Got black ops on sale so I can blow off some steam. Might get back to slay the spire again. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26754
    We've been playing Sackboy on PS5 over the last month or so. It's not going to change the world but it's great fun, esp in co-op. And has a bunch of levels set to actual music, including the best use of Bowie's Let's Dance I can remember outside of his hits compilatio :) 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    ennspek said:
    I've been playing Outriders and loving it. I think it might be my long term replacement for Destiny.
    I've been playing it too, but only the story so far.  It's fun and I'm enjoying it, but it's quite repetitive - clearing areas ad infinitum.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23966
    New PC = 150 FPS in Call of Duty.

If only my monitor wasn't 60hz.

FFS.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350

FFS.
    You mean you can spot that you've been out-reacted by a 13yo again a split second sooner? :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11813
    My 7 year old AV receiver can’t pass through 4k…it’s either Xbox straight into TV with 4k 60 but crap audio or 1080p with 5.1 surround.  Or 4k using the headset.

And it’s the worst time to get a new AV at the moment with the current line up having that HDMI 2.1 problem and so close to E3.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    Finally got round to playing Ori and the blind forest on Switch. Enjoyed it, but would have preferred slightly easier platforming and harder combat (some of the platforming was just frustrating rather than fun at times).

Currently playing Jotun which has a nice Norse mythology theme but the actual combat is a little clunky (compared to say Cuphead which is very much in a similar vein with the boss fights). Beautiful artwork though
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 693
    My 7 year old AV receiver can’t pass through 4k…it’s either Xbox straight into TV with 4k 60 but crap audio or 1080p with 5.1 surround.  Or 4k using the headset.

And it’s the worst time to get a new AV at the moment with the current line up having that HDMI 2.1 problem and so close to E3.

Can't you plug into the TV and then output the audio to the receiver?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Moloch said:

ARC? i couldn't get that to work, may be it's because i am using HDMI 2 port in the TV and not HDMI 1.  But it wouldn't play ball.  I can't use HDMI 1 because that's the TV and receiver. 
    TimmyO said:

FFS.
    You mean you can spot that you've been out-reacted by a 13yo again a split second sooner? :-) 
    Yes. And that's why I play on a Friday night when the 13 year olds are out drinking!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Moloch said:

ARC? i couldn't get that to work, may be it's because i am using HDMI 2 port in the TV and not HDMI 1.  But it wouldn't play ball.  I can't use HDMI 1 because that's the TV and receiver. 
    Do you have an option for Optical from TV to receiver? 
    Moloch said:

I don't think there is an optical out on the TV but i will have to double check.

Ideally I would want everything to connect through the receiver, the receiver is due to be replaced anyway due to lack of 4k (my Amazon Fire Stick 4k is through that), and no Atmos.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    Moloch said:

I don't think there is an optical out on the TV but i will have to double check.

Ideally I would want everything to connect through the receiver, the receiver is due to be replaced anyway due to lack of 4k (my Amazon Fire Stick 4k is through that), and no Atmos.
    More likely an optical out from the console? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 483
    TimmyO said:
    Moloch said:

More likely an optical out from the console? 
    No optical out on the Xbox series X|S
    Ooo! I've now tried the new DLSS setting in COD.

Getting as high as 180 fps in places. I've got a 2060 GPU - I wonder what a 3090 could do with DLSS! 
    I'm using a mix of high and normal settings.

I got the new PC 99% for work, but it's very nice being able to play some games on it too.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    edited April 2021
    Anyone looking at getting Returnal? I like the idea of it but I suck at Bloodebourne etc and hate having to grind all the way back to places so I think I’ll skip it. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I'm definitely interested. Not £70 interested though!
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    ennspek said:
    I'm definitely interested. Not £70 interested though!
    Paying £70 to die 990 times? I’m in complete agreement. 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    It's meant to be more difficult than Bloodborne as you don't keep any leveling and weapon allocations are random
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    I really liked Housemarque’s earlier stuff and I like a good bit of sci-fi so I’m definitely interested. But I don’t have the time to put myself through constant death and unsaveable runs so it’s not happening at 70 notes. 

Ratchet & Clank thought, looks incredible so I’ll be there on day 1

https://youtu.be/4Zf1GCFoqn0