General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Anyone played the new Animal Crossing game or any experience with the series, generally?

I was watching game trailers on the switch with my 4 year old and he loved the look of Animal Crossing.

Would we both enjoy the game or is it really more for younger gamers? 

I was planning on buying Luigi’s Mansion 3 or Link’s Awakening but would give Animal Crossing a go if there’s a decent amount of gameplay involved.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26748
    CHrisP86 said:
    Anyone played the new Animal Crossing game or any experience with the series, generally?

I was watching game trailers on the switch with my 4 year old and he loved the look of Animal Crossing.

I was planning on buying Luigi’s Mansion 3 or Link’s Awakening but would give Animal Crossing a go if there’s a decent amount of gameplay involved.
    I don't really enjoy it, but AC is more a personality type "thing" than an age one. Very chilled, building a house and looking after your garden & surroundings, I think. I haven't played it but know several folks in their 30s who love it.

I can heartily recommend LM3 and Link's Awakening, though the later bits of Zelda are going to be too hard for a 4 yr old.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Thanks @stickyfiddle ;

He will probably get bored quickly of any game we get, which is probably fair enough for a 4 year old. I’ll see if I can get him interested in the other two as I know they will keep me entertained a bit longer!
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    Bidley said:
    Disco Elysium - one of the best and most unique games I've played in years.
    @Bidley ;

Was watching some YouTube game reviews of this & thought it looked really good & different. Looks like it’s coming to the 
    Xbox One and PS4 some time this year. 
  • DayZ on pc is all I play now. Dunno what it’s like on console, and it IS glitchy/broken - but no gaming experience has ever come close to the encounters and thrills/scares I’ve had in this game. 
    Best game ever, and I’ve played ‘a few’  :)
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    CHrisP86 said:

I don't really enjoy it, but AC is more a personality type "thing" than an age one. Very chilled, building a house and looking after your garden & surroundings, I think. I haven't played it but know several folks in their 30s who love it.

I can heartily recommend LM3 and Link's Awakening, though the later bits of Zelda are going to be too hard for a 4 yr old.
    Would a 4yo manage animal crossing? I saw it too and wondered about it for my eldest 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Probably less suitable for a 4 year old really but he likes the look of Link’s Awakening as well so agreed to go for that first and get Animal Crossing next.

At least when he loses interest I will be left with a game I really want to play!
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4066
    Just realised that Death Stranding was a survival simulator. All hail our deliveroo saviours.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 483
    Replaying Fallout 4 mainly to play through Far Harbor and Nuka World as I never got around to them after completing the main story.  Not onto the DLC yet but I'm thoroughly enjoying it again.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Any Steam players here? Ready for a left4dead marathon to prepare us for the coming days? :)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Anyone have suggestions for some decent Xbox one games for me and my wife to pass some time and boredom during the next month? Don't necessarily have to be multiplayer/co-op - we used to play a lot of those decision based story games like The Wolf Among Us, Life Is Strange etc which were fun and made a change from movies. 
  • Last of us
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3037
    I've been playing Fallout 4 again. No where near as good as Fallout 3 but it's nice to be able to fire an explosive automatic rifle and jump from 200 foot buildings without dying.

Seriously considering buying Doom Eternal
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    Dusted down the PS3 again. Now having a crack at Rocksmith and Skyrim!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26748
    I'm still loving Sayonara Wild Hearts, and MrsF just started Zelda BOTW again. 

I'm also liking the look of Good Job! 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2533

When I find the time, I'm loving the remake of Resident Evil 2 on the xbox. It really is stunning graphically and with headphones on is totally atmospheric.

The best single player story since I played RDR2. I have Fallout 4 but haven't really played it but after seeing that others here rate it I might have a go at it soon.

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 141
    Finishing Uncharted 3 and then will be checking out the Resident Evil 3 demo
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    Quite liking COD Modern Warfare - and the Warzone add-on.  Good fun if you're linking up with some friends.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3664
    Just replaying Portal 2. Damn, what a game.

I've got a bunch of other stuff in my Steam library but I'm also working my way through unwatched movies in my Plex library as well.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    Doom Eternal is insane. Its pretty much perfect.