General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    edited September 2021
    Buy new for £50/£60, complete in three-four weeks and sell for £45. 

Can't really resell PC games outside of the 2 hour refund window on Steam sadly. Happy to wait, as the PC version reportedly has issues with stuttering, no doubt in part down to Denuvo being terrible (but thankfully usually removed after the opening few months anyway).

Looks like a very good time overall. Can't say there's much else on the horizon that really tickles my fancy, but something always pops up whenever I think that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10200
    I've preordered a Steam Deck. Not sure what that game is though. 
  • Rivals of Aether - Basically Smash Bros with indie characters =) Obviously looking forward to playing actual Smash as well on the Deck ;)
  • anyone going to pick up diablo 2: remastered?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • anyone going to pick up diablo 2: remastered?

It can feck off! Kicked me offline, reduced my characters level, & now my character is gone completely!*

*(Alright I know it'll be fine. This is just typical Blizzard on a launch day).

Server issues aside I've been impressed so far. The game looks fantastic, & the gameplay holds up a lot better than I thought it would.
  • only managed to grab 20 mins so far but seems pretty decent, of course its really when you get a bit further that it starts to really get good

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Had to re-do half of Act I, but made it to Act II & decided to call it a night. Servers seem to be stable for now, so hopefully there's no more rollbacks.
  • I only cleared the first map...level 4 sorceress
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • hopefully wont need to work alte tonight though so i can get a rpoper session

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2408
    Nintendo Switch is getting N64 and Sega Mega Drive games. And yes, they’re releasing wireless controllers for them both. Sweet!
  • beed84 said:
    Nintendo Switch is getting N64 and Sega Mega Drive games. And yes, they’re releasing wireless controllers for them both. Sweet!

It's had them for a while ;)
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    Anything good out for the PS5 yet?
    Simonh said:
    Deathloop
    Returnal
    Miles Morales

• Simonh said:
    Deathloop
    Returnal
    Miles Morales

Ratchet & Clank

and Ghost of Tsushima & Control at full power…
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Control was very good yea. Went on a bit long I thought. 
  • I want d2 remastered but not sure my pc is up to scratch - gtx970 and an i7 of some kind.

Luckily, it's the same as the old one which is flawless and actually works, unlike a blizzard game at release ;) 

I will get it at some point, it's an excellent game and has a few fixes (like ladder rune words coming into non-ladder). 
    It’s one of those games, not only is it a remake, but it’s very similar to every reiteration that comes out. 
  • It’s one of those games, not only is it a remake, but it’s very similar to every reiteration that comes out. 

I'm going to against the grain and say I don't think many arpgs capture anything near the same feel and action of d1 and d2, the difficulty of d3 is such a joke - press button, blow up screen, move on. 

Contrast to d2 - teleport in with a weapon with teleport charges, cast lower res on second slot wand, teleport out, maintain distance I between casts/attacks, manage potion belt. 

It's manic, fast and incredibly difficult. You can brick characters if you don't know what you're doing and that's a good thing, although respecs are available in later patches of LOD. 
  • I want d2 remastered but not sure my pc is up to scratch - gtx970 and an i7 of some kind.

Luckily, it's the same as the old one which is flawless and actually works, unlike a blizzard game at release ;) 

I will get it at some point, it's an excellent game and has a few fixes (like ladder rune words coming into non-ladder). 

You should be fine! Recommended specs are a 3rd gen i3 & a GTX 660, with the recommended specs being a 1060, something the 970 is practically identical to.

I WANT to play it, but with all the rollback nonsense going on I just cannot be bothered to commit the time to a character that might end up being rolled back/deleted. I'll play when it all calms down & have a blast though I'm sure.