General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• If anyone has a switch and wants a great puzzle game I can recommend "Baba is you"

It's a real brain melter.
    It's on PC too and on my consideration list..£9.11  currently on Humble Bundle so I might go for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    If anyone has a switch and wants a great puzzle game I can recommend "Baba is you"

It's a real brain melter.
    It's on PC too and on my consideration list..£9.11  currently on Humble Bundle so I might go for it.

It's absolutely fantastic and not really like anything I've played before.

It's a combination of a sliding block puzzle and a word based logic puzzle
  • Had a go at tomb raider

That was poor. QuickTime events in a tomb raider game? *shudder* 
    It's quite different from the early ones but worth persevering with. I really liked the new format, and the sequels have been great too. :)

I lose all immersion as soon as a QuickTime event happens. It's basically a substitute for not being able to make a game more enjoyable - I'd honestly prefer a cut scene, at least I'd only need to watch the thing once. 

Mash this button, now roll the analog stick, now mash - oh no, you didn't do it right, let's just restart it until you remember the whole sequence - how fun! 

Not for me, basically. A shame, it seemed okay but it was a bit linear and the best bit about the old ones was how non-linear they felt (even if they were extremely linear in practice!). 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I've been almost exclusively on Vermintide ii and Total War Warhammer 2 if any fancies a bash at some point :)
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7282
    With me I'm pretty much only playing Warhammer II: Total War these days (other than the odd sprint through Plague Inc.). Anyone who fancies a co-op/head-to-head campaign with/against my Skaven lads, hit me up.
    I never really managed to get into the total war games despite being a big warhammer fan. Cant remember if i have warhammer I or II either. 

The first one was a little odd and atypical of Total War games, in that there were always large portions of the map that certain factions could not actually inhabit, so they just had to ruin them and take attrition instead. The second game works a lot better, thanks to a new climate system and if you have both games then you can play Mortal Empires, which combines both maps and all the races (so far Empire, Dwarfs, Vampire Counts, Greenskins, Norsca, Wood Elves, Bretonnia, High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven, Vampire Coast and Tomb Kings).
    Double checked its the first one I have..might check to see if 2 is on sale at the moment. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    LuttiS said:
    I've been almost exclusively on Vermintide ii and Total War Warhammer 2 if any fancies a bash at some point :)
    ooh vermintide 2 is on sale....might take you up on that. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    edited March 2020
    bought control on ps4 despite having more than enough to get on with. it's down to £20 and i've wanted to play it since release. played the first hour or so last night and HOOOOOO BOY that's my kinda videogame
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    bbill335 said:
    bought control on ps4 desoite having more than enough to get on with. it's down to £20 and i've wanted to play it since release. played the first hour or so last night and HOOOOOO BOY that's my kinda videogame
    Good to know :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Much talk of Nintendo doing remasters of Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy and 3D World for the 35th anniversary this year. I’ll be extremely happy if that turns out to be true as I’m aching to play the Galaxy games again.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    Much talk of Nintendo doing remasters of Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy and 3D World for the 35th anniversary this year. I’ll be extremely happy if that turns out to be true as I’m aching to play the Galaxy games again.
    Played the galaxy games to death when they came out. Went back to them a couple of months ago, and sadly, I couldn't get on with them anymore.   :'(
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Have dusted off the wii and we played new super mario bros for a bit. Bloody hated it.
    Used to love em all from the NES onwards, but much like guitar I've slowed down considerably over the years and can't take the frenetic pace of the stuff I used to play anymore!
    Simultaneous multiplayer adds a cool dimension though.
    We're basically doing as many different party and multiplayer games as we can (2 geezers, 1 burd). We've done Knowledge Is Power, Diablo 3, wii sports, Pure Pool, mario party (9 i think, on wii) - can anyone recommend more? PS4, PS3 or wii
    All practice and no theory
  • PwaloPwalo Frets: 113
    Escape From Tarkov.

Think you’re tasty on CoD? This is the hardest, most frustrating FPS I’ve ever played and I can’t leave it alone.

• MolochMoloch Frets: 693
    edited March 2020
    LuttiS said:
    I've been almost exclusively on Vermintide ii and Total War Warhammer 2 if any fancies a bash at some point
    Campaign or single battles?
    With me I'm pretty much only playing Warhammer II: Total War these days (other than the odd sprint through Plague Inc.). Anyone who fancies a co-op/head-to-head campaign with/against my Skaven lads, hit me up.
    I never really managed to get into the total war games despite being a big warhammer fan. Cant remember if i have warhammer I or II either. 

The first one was a little odd and atypical of Total War games, in that there were always large portions of the map that certain factions could not actually inhabit, so they just had to ruin them and take attrition instead. The second game works a lot better, thanks to a new climate system and if you have both games then you can play Mortal Empires, which combines both maps and all the races (so far Empire, Dwarfs, Vampire Counts, Greenskins, Norsca, Wood Elves, Bretonnia, High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Skaven, Vampire Coast and Tomb Kings).
    Double checked its the first one I have..might check to see if 2 is on sale at the moment. 

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/search/?q=total war warhammer&fbclid=IwAR1h7hYab_p9OhterkHYSlSbCFTzRodbaMIXEZMBNVHxk7h5IW9MNd6VDbw

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    @dafuzz have you tried the jackbox games?
  • dafuzz said:
    Have dusted off the wii and we played new super mario bros for a bit. Bloody hated it.
    Used to love em all from the NES onwards, but much like guitar I've slowed down considerably over the years and can't take the frenetic pace of the stuff I used to play anymore!
    We're basically doing as many different party and multiplayer games as we can (2 geezers, 1 burd). We've done Knowledge Is Power, Diablo 3, wii sports, Pure Pool, mario party (9 i think, on wii) - can anyone recommend more? PS4, PS3 or wii
    Worms WMD, Tricky Towers, Bomberman, Party Golf(very addictive), Jackbox games(especially 1 and 2), Trivial Pursuit Live.... all get regular play local multiplayer 
    dafuzz said:
    Worms WMD, Tricky Towers, Bomberman, Party Golf(very addictive), Jackbox games(especially 1 and 2), Trivial Pursuit Live.... all get regular play local multiplayer 
    Overcooked (or Overcooked 2). 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    We've been playing 4 player mini golf on the switch. It's surprisingly fun for 89p
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    LuttiS said:
    vermintide 2 seems pretty buggy at least on PC
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    LuttiS said:
    vermintide 2 seems pretty buggy at least on PC
    I've only come across one bug where the rat ogre dies if you back it into a corner and it clips through a wall... Only happened once though.

Darryl_Morris said:
    LuttiS said:
    I've been almost exclusively on Vermintide ii and Total War Warhammer 2 if any fancies a bash at some point
    Campaign or single battles?

Campaigns - not played online. 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    Anyone playing anno 1880 yet? It's soooo good!