General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    LuttiS said:
    Been playing D2R recently.. got caught by the server issues yesterday though. Logged in at 6:30 for that half an hour of peace before family Wakes up and my free time goes.. spent most of that time in a queue waiting to play. 

Sucks :/

Fun when I managed to get in though. How's everyone else finding it? Got me a lvl 30ish hammer/zeal din.. will respec when I'm a bit further.
    I’m a level 30 hammerdin in Act 4. It's not very difficult at the moment. The Hammerdin spec is definitely very effective. I'm waiting for nightmare mode so I can get insight for my merc and I think then it'll be even more OP!

I play with two friend who are an Amazon and Summoner. The Summoner class is very good. 

I have both PS5 and PS4 Diablo 2 downloaded because there's been so many silly issues with both. 

I'm up to the Ancients in Act 5 at the moment.. doing diablo runs and general leveling until i get to 40 and then i'll get hte ancient XP bonus.

Also, fun thing i found - my save games from 20 years ago work in resurrected. Sponkanoodle the level 80 sorceress with complete set of Tal Rasha gear lives!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10202
    @LuttiS How have you connected your Battle Net account? My character is connected to my PSN profile it seems 
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    @LuttiS How have you connected your Battle Net account? My character is connected to my PSN profile it seems 
    Just logged in on PC, had the saves on an old hard drive. Just needed to dunk it in the folder. 
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7484
    edited October 2021
    The server issues are due to people using the more, ahem, "optimised" modes of play few people knew back in the day - for example, I'd often do "baal runs", "AT runs", "g-rushing" and "Mephy" over and over in hell. It wasn't unusual for a good team to get through hell in 12 hours or so (we were far from Pro - world record teams would ladder speed run through in around 6-7 hours). 

Another one is more awareness of speed running techniques - for example, I used to "choo-choo train" the Hammerdin (swap casting dash and hammers to speed through the maps faster than they can load). 

This was fine back in the day as most people were just playing - but nowadays more people are aware of these methods so loads of people are rapidly creating and destroying games on quick succession.

I'm holding back until the server issues are done with. 

Also, blizzard claim it's exceeding their expectations for popularity. Amazing stuff, and proof a remaster can be done well! I just hope the servers get sorted.

And I really hope ladders come back! I used to love racing ladder resets with my friends.

Our best hell completion time was about a weekend. Nowadays people aim for 6-8 hours. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2408
    bbill335 said:
    mgs2 has some pacing issues, some boss encounters and stuff that go on far too long, particularly in the back end, but it ain't nearly as weirdly put together as mgs4!
    Correct owith regard to MGS4, second play through for me after 2008 first, and it's a strange set of 4 or 5 acts, which seem disjointed in terms of location. Thankfully, they're all much fun.
    beed84 said:
    bbill335 said:
    mgs2 has some pacing issues, some boss encounters and stuff that go on far too long, particularly in the back end, but it ain't nearly as weirdly put together as mgs4!
    I loved MGS2. The ending, while long, was unbelievably good! Currently on with MGS3 and waiting for things to get going.
    MGS3 takes ages to get going, but overall, it's my favourite of the old games. Stick with it, if you can.

I'm currently playing MGS5 and it's by far the most fun of them all, it's a great game. Poor story aside.

MGS3 is one of my all-time faves on any platform, it's just an incredibly well-made game.

I really don't understand why they took the 'survival' elements out of it for MGS4 & (particularly) MGS5. They could have made the open-world elements of the latter even more immersive again - lost opportunity for sure.

Yes, I get that. However, I must say, MGSV is such a feature-full game already, with so much going on, I'm not sure a survival element would add any value for me, personally. Also, you can call the chopper in to get you back to mother base at any point, so survival elements would be a bit moot when you can do that. Must admit, for a 6 year old game, I'm fully immersed, again!
    Well, I finished MGS3 over the weekend. While I enjoyed aspects of it, it didn't grab me anywhere near as much as the first two. I love it because it's Metal Gear, but I must admit I didn't really understand it, which is a shame as I was hoping for the ending to floor me. Maybe a second playthrough will make it clearer.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    mgs3's ending is possibly the best of any game ever!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335 said:
    Agreed - that whole story is epic!
    just rolled credits on metroid dread. what a game.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2408
    bbill335 said:
    Too convoluted for my liking. IMHO the whole “emotional” ending was overshadowed by distracting and needless elements – more focus should have been applied to Snake’s relationship with The Boss. It wasn’t as tight as 1 and nothing will beat the ending of 2 for me.
  • beed84 said:
    bbill335 said:
    Too convoluted for my liking. IMHO the whole “emotional” ending was overshadowed by distracting and needless elements – more focus should have been applied to Snake’s relationship with The Boss. It wasn’t as tight as 1 and nothing will beat the ending of 2 for me.
    MGS2 is my favourite in the series too. Raiden gets a lot of flack, and he is a bit annoying, but it doesn't matter. 
    The story for the game is amazing, and unfortunately it has become more relevant and realistic in the time since the game was released... Not the bits about vampires etc obviously, but the whole media control and war economy that was expanded on in MGS4 are frighteningly real. 
    Maximum volume yields maximum results
  • I've decided a new console isn't for me. I have a PS4 and X1, and the X1 hasn't been used in months, and I only occasionally play games on the PS4, it's basically a Netflix machine. 

The only game that has piqued my interest for the new consoles is Dead Space remake, and I don't think a good advert for a £500 console is a remake of a game that's 15 years old. 
    Maximum volume yields maximum results
    tell that to demons souls
    I don't think anyone is holding this remake up as an 'advert' for the console. It's games like Returnal, Deathloop, Miles Morales, Astro, Ratchet & Clank that are the adverts for it. 
  • I'm afraid I've reached the point in life where I don't get/understand new games. I tried playing a new COD and it was weird and confusing. Same with Plants vs Zombies.

I'll stick to FFVII, VIII, IX, Resi, Skyrim, Doom & MGS :lol:
  • I don't think anyone is holding this remake up as an 'advert' for the console. It's games like Returnal, Deathloop, Miles Morales, Astro, Ratchet & Clank that are the adverts for it. 
    Or Forza Horizon 5, Flight Sim, Back 4 Blood for the Xbox
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7323
    edited October 2021
    I really like our ps5 because it's silent and I can play all my ps4 games with what seems like better graphics. To be honest though I'm not thrilled that this is what its being used for. There really should be some more premium PS5 exclusive games.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I haven't used my PS5 for a week.

Have been playing Flight Sim on Xbox, and there's Forza Horizon 5 in a week or so, and the new Halo not long after that. 

tbh every time i play a game with the ps5 upgrade, i'm annoyed that i know what it was like on base ps4. those framerates is smooth, my friends.
  • I'm really looking forward to Horizon 5. All of the people who have already played it seem to unanimously agree that it's the best racing game maybe ever. So we shall see.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    edited October 2021
    I'm really looking forward to Horizon 5. All of the people who have already played it seem to unanimously agree that it's the best racing game maybe ever. So we shall see.
    I’m sure it’ll be good, they are always are. I just get a bit burnt out by the same franchise with very similar gameplay every couple of years so I’m not that excited by it. Although I’ll give it a go on Gamepass.