laney LC 30 noo toobs?

bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 401
edited May 2014 in Amps
my mates laney lc30 is long overdue some new toobs. couple of questions, whats good in the el84 department and is this amp cathode biased or will it need rebiasing?
The Swamp City Shakers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74495
    Best new production EL84: JJ

It's cathode biased.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    edited May 2014
    Are you doing this yourself or using a pro? I only ask as I remember reading that the tubes on these were either awkward to work on/hard to get to. Forgive me if I'm wrong and maybe @ICBM can answer that one. 
  • bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 401

gonna be doing it myself as long as it doesn't need rebiasing. so just to confirm, its cathode biased so i should be able to put in a matched quad without having it rebiased?

The Swamp City Shakers
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74495
    Yes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 401

thank you muchly!!!

The Swamp City Shakers