what cheap chinese made gems have you found

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 948
    Tone City Tiny Spring is great for faux spring but also EQD Levitation's somewhat modulated grainy reverb on the cheap. At full settings it's lovely and messy.   The Mooer Repeater is really great in the top switch setting too - like a fragile modulated digital delay.  And the Danelectro FAB Fuzz is a very clear, very naughty fuzz that's almost like a super distortion. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mooer Yellow Comp and Nux Monterey Vibe into a Nux Cerberus with a Joyo American Sound in the FX loop. All budget gear, cost me less than £300, sounds insanely good, extremely versatile, and I don't even an amp anymore
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I also have Harley Benton Les Paul and PRS clones (because I can't afford the real ones) and their build quality is just astounding. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    Squier Contemporary Jaguar .cant really fault .Also my Keiper 109  full hollow LP sized jazzer is a well made little gem .I will second the JOYO American sound pedal.Just stick in front of any half decent   SS amp  on clean and goodness flows.
  • I've just picked up a stunning blue East Coast L130 (L1 at Andertons). Basically its their Les Paul. I went in (I'm a born again beginner having had a brutal Behringer 393 ripping my fingers to shrds about 20 years previous and giving it up) .

Guitars have improved a heck of a lot over time and having seen a few vids on the East Coast range I was determined to bag their T1 (Telecaster). Great thing about Andertons is that they allow you to have a good sit down and a noodle to get the feel of things.. Well despite my eagerness to start my guitar journey with a Telecaster I went through their entire range playing the strat (no thanks), Tele, (Open) Gresch, Les Paul, and walked off in the end with the East Coast Offset (Jaguar). The neck action and the frets were absolutely amazing in comparison to what Id experienced before. The Tele felt just a  little too cheap (well it was literally £110 pounds or something crazy) but still streaks ahead from my 20 yr old strat copy. So for the £10 extra (the Offset was £119) the difference was amazing...humbucker pickups and lovely strings.. HOWEVER. 

As soon as I got it home and started getting used to it and playing around with it - truly amazing quality for the price. Smooth, great sound, good looking  - amazing value, all I could think about was that It was 'just another cheap Strat but with Humbuckers'.. I wanted a fresh enthusiastic start, so all I could think about after that was that L1.. I was hooked. Went back the next day and switched up to the beautiful Blue L1. It is worth every penny. The sound modelling is far better, those humbuckers are amazing, the fretboard is smooth no jags, and I have already improved leaps and bounds and best of all its got me very enthused again.. I'm chuffed to bits with it. I would say that if anything I'd probably upgrade the tuners but not knowing much at the moment I'm happy with the package entirely.. £199 gets you a LOT of guitar from East Coast.... 

There are a few video's out there from better guitarists than myself (Dave Simpsons is particularly useful 
    ) but I know its a spectacularly good choice for the money..
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    For the low money, the Mooer GE150 is surprisingly good, if you turn the IRs off.
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."