NPBD One spot to the rescue!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10577
    edited January 2020
    The One Spot seems to be powering everything absolutely fine and doesn't flicker on start up or anything. No problems here. Not sure if I have to unplug the other pedals but it seems to be working great here! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one @TeleMaster that looks like it's working a treat 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Nice one @TeleMaster that looks like it's working a treat 
    Yea I think so. Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think the previous power supply would've done this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3454
    edited January 2020
    The One Spot seems to be powering everything absolutely fine and doesn't flicker on start up or anything. No problems here. Not sure if I have to unplug the other pedals but it seems to be working great here! 

Ooof! That board looks fabulous. How does it sound?

Signal flow and further explanation please!
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5686
    @menamestom FWIW, and without wanting to derail legionreturns thread, @guitar_tango has also had a dead Stomp recently.
    edited January 2020
    NelsonP said:

Ooof! That board looks fabulous. How does it sound?

Signal flow and further explanation please!
    Thanks! 

I've had huge boards full of Chase Bliss, Strymon, Klon etc but I hated the messing about with it if one of the cables stopped working so I decided to simply a bit as I am fearful of technical difficulties when playing live.

I go in via the HXFX. Dunlop DVP3 is my expression pedal and goes into Pedal/Ext Amp 1. 

The HXFX has loads of great sound effects, but pitch isn't one of them. EHX Pitchfork is combined with the Keeley 1962x and goes into Send/Return 1. That way I can put the pitch or 1962x before the preamp. And I can use the OD if I want on top of a clean setting on the Revival Drive. 

The Revival Drive goes into Send/Return 2. The Origin Effects Interface controls the channel/mids boost of the Revival Drive via tip, ring, sleeve commands. You need to use two separate outputs to control multiple things and I don't have enough ports available on the HXFX so I'm currently just using it to control the channel via the Pedal/Ext Amp 2. I'm waiting for a Custom MIDI box to be made so I can control everything. The clean and overdrive both sound so amp like I can barely tell the difference if at all. And there's loads of sounds in them. I love the idea of the preamp being on the board and being able to easily take it on and off if you want to try another and I'm looking into others. I'm wondering if the Chase Bliss Preamp MK2 will also be a good fit for this setup. 

The Revival Drive is essentially the preamp and it sounds great. It goes into the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 which is a great sounding poweramp. That then goes into a Zilla 2x12 with Neo Creambacks. 

The Rockbug is a cab simulator and I can use it for silent practice and it has an aux in. The headphone out doesn't sound great if I'm being honest but it's fine for learning songs and working on stuff. It does sound great when recording though and I think it's just the quality of the headphone out. I also use it live by sending the signal via XLR to the main mixer and then feeding the signal back to the monitors for me to have a bit in mine and for the drummer so he can hear what's going on. 

It's a very versatile setup and I see very little reason to go back to traditional amps at this point. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3454
    edited January 2020
    @TeleMaster ;;;;

Love it - I've adopted a similar approach but based around an Atomic Amplifire and midi control of external pedals. It's great.
    I either run it into a Laney IRT-X (home) or straight to the PA (jam sessions). I also have a headphone option which works OK, but is not as good.

I only really use 3 core amp tones - Clean (Fender Deluxe), Crunch (Plexi) , High gain / lead (Friedman) so given my time again an HXFX and Revival Drive would be perfect. I also have a pitch fork as the pitch block in the Amplifire isn't as good as a dedicated pedal.

So your board would be perfect for my needs too! I'd love to hear it, although that may just lead to more GAS.

I saw this on MIDI switch for the revival drive. Looks pretty cool...

NelsonP said:
    @TeleMaster ;;;;

Love it - I've adopted a similar approach but based around an Atomic Amplifire and midi control of external pedals. It's great.
    I either run it into a Laney IRT-X (home) or straight to the PA (jam sessions). I also have a headphone option which works OK, but is not as good.

I only really use 3 core amp tones - Clean (Fender Deluxe), Crunch (Plexi) , High gain / lead (Friedman) so given my time again an HXFX and Revival Drive would be perfect. I also have a pitch fork as the pitch block in the Amplifire isn't as good as a dedicated pedal.

So your board would be perfect for my needs too! I'd love to hear it, although that may just lead to more GAS.

I saw this on MIDI switch for the revival drive. Looks pretty cool...

That's cool!

If you want to hear it come see us play! 

Yea I'm on the waiting list for one! My number comes up April!