Micro POG

What's Hot
menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903

I want something that does a decent lower octave effect to loop bass lines so the Micro POG seems the natural choice.  The upper octave and polyphonic capability will come in handy too for organ swells.  Are there any other options I should look at?  Are the additional features of the POG 2 worth the extra?

The Earthquaker Devices Organizer looks interesting too, but I need something that does a good dry lower octave, so that probably rules that out.

I previously used the octave effect on the Zoom G3, which was just OK, I'm hoping the POG has less latency.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    The Micro Pog doesn't have any latency - but it can sound a little artificial.

The Digitech Bass Synth Wah also does an amazing no-latency octave effect, but you don't get the upper octaves.

I have both - I use them for different things.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited June 2014
    I'm planing on doing a quick demo of mine as a similar question was raised elsewhere (might have a chance tonight). The Micro Pog is great, really does "what it says on the tin" and tracks brilliantly.

I did once sell it and get a Pog 2, which gives additional octaves and a few other features, but I went back to the Micro Pog pretty quickly as that gave me everything I needed and it's a lot smaller!

• shadyshady Frets: 252

You could look at the Boss PS-6, @not_the_dj sold me his Micro Pog and then bought it back from me when I got my PS-6...you can't go wrong with a Pog really.  Simplicity itself to use, which is where the PS-6 falls down in comparison, but then you get more options squeezed inside.

Some of which are complete arse mind you...

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4903
    Okay I tried the Octave Multiplexer, Micro POG and organiser and ended up with the Micro Pog.

The bass only sounded pretty good but with a bit of each octave, I could get a pretty funky Hammond Sound.
    The Organiser sounds great, but the tracking was not as good, but then again it's probably not intended for dry bass only parts.

Thanks for the assistance, can't wait to try id with some dirt and phaser....
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Works great with a volume pedal for organ tones. Just remove the attack and swell in.
    Works great with a volume pedal for organ tones. Just remove the attack and swell in.
    Yeah I'll try that.  Probably with my pinkie and Tele, but same principle!

Gave it a good play last night jamming with 2 drummers.  It sounds great, I don't know why I didn't get one years ago.
    Got to make sure I don't over do it though, it was literally on all night last night....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    @menamestom whats it like for chords? I'm wanting to use it for pseudo baritone parts for the odd song instead of having to use another guitar
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7412
    Not to state the obvious, but the poo brown boss works very well too. Paid £30 for mine.
    kelvinburn;256951" said:
    @menamestom whats it like for chords? I'm wanting to use it for pseudo baritone parts for the odd song instead of having to use another guitar
    Sounds great. There is a lot of mileage in those 3 controls, I think it would work well for a baritone sound.

• kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    @menamestom Cheers for that. Getting a Whammy to see if that works, if not micro pog it is :)